"Do I want to apply the modified ribbons property value to child components" ....???

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

"Do I want to apply the modified ribbons property value to child components" ....???
Undocumented dialog message 
Tom Mulholland

Hi Andrei

Well this has been bugging me a while. When adding straightforward controls to my Excel ribbon bar (and also I think adding controls to both task panes and panels) a warning box appears:

"Do you want to apply the modified ribbons property value to the child components as well?" (Yes/No)

I have absolutely no idea why this is appearing, it's not documented in the manual and it doesn't appear in any forum questions so far. So I'm feeling really special that I get this regularly...!

I press NO four or five times, then it goes away.

Do you know what why this might be appearing?

Kind regards
Posted 17 May, 2021 17:32:24 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Tom,

Consider a container control such as tab, group, menu, etc. When setting the Ribbons property (maybe some other properties as well) on it, Add-in Express shows this warning to let you choose whether the modified Ribbons property should be applied to all components in the container.

Whatever your current decision is, you may change that property at any convenient moment. Note that thes properties are also reflected in the code of the InitializeComponent() method which is called from the constructor of your add-in module.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 18 May, 2021 05:38:27 Top