WiX Setup create project fails

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

WiX Setup create project fails
VS2017 / WiX Tools installed but creation failed 
Yves Rausch

I previously used Windows Installer, but I have problem on installation it always create AddIn registry keys on HKCU instead of HKLM.

So after checking all forums and all parameters, even manually used adxregister.exe with correct params I gave up. I tried to create setup project with WiX but it fails on creation

Any idea what is going on?

Detailed technical information follows: 
---
Date and Time:         12.04.2021 21:37:35
Machine Name:          LOKI
IP Address:            fe80::1c6f:466c:7b21:569d%9
Current User:          LOKIAdministrator

Application Domain:    DefaultDomain
Assembly Codebase:     file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio/2017/Professional/Common7/IDE/PublicAssemblies/EnvDTE.DLL
Assembly Full Name:    EnvDTE, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
Assembly Version:      8.0.0.0

Exception Source:      EnvDTE
Exception Type:        Microsoft.Build.Exceptions.InvalidProjectFileException
Exception Message:     The imported project "C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft Visual Studio7ProfessionalMSBuildWiX Toolset4Wix.targets" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.  C:
epoTQsoft-GmbH	qsoft-windows-products-officeIntegrationTQsoft.Windows.Products.OfficeIntegrationTQsoft.Windows.Products.InformerExtensionSetupTQsoft.Windows.Products.InformerExtensionSetup.wixproj
Exception Target Site: AddFromFile

---- Stack Trace ----
   EnvDTE.SolutionClass.AddFromFile(FileName As String, Exclusive As Boolean)
       EnvDTE.DLL: N 00000 (0x0) JIT 
   AddinExpress.SetupWizard.SetupWizardForm.CreateSetupProject(primaryOutputPath As String)
       EnvDTE.DLL: N 5625 (0x15F9) IL 
   AddinExpress.SetupWizard.SetupWizardForm.CreateSetupProject(project As Project, targetFramework As UInt32, serviceProvider As IServiceProvider)
       EnvDTE.DLL: N 0127 (0x7F) IL 
   AddinExpress.Wizard.ADXPackage.Exec(guidCmdGroup As Guid&, cmdID As UInt32, nCmdexecopt As UInt32, pvaIn As IntPtr, pvaOut As IntPtr)
       EnvDTE.DLL: N 1021 (0x3FD) IL 

Kind regards,
Yves
Posted 12 Apr, 2021 14:42:25 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Yves,

We've receive your email; I look into it.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 13 Apr, 2021 02:27:52 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Yves,

Yves Rausch writes:
WiX Toolset 4

You should use WiX toolset of version 3.X. you should also use the WiX extension in Visaual Studio of the same version.

I've noticed that your adxloader.dll.manifest has privileges="user". This seems to be the cause of your original issue. I strongly recommend that you check section Deploying a per-machine Office extension via an MSI installer; see the PDF file in the folder {Add-in Express}\Docs on your development PC.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 13 Apr, 2021 03:11:22 Top
Yves Rausch

You should use WiX toolset of version 3.X. you should also use the WiX extension in Visaual Studio of the same version.

Hmm, I used VS Extension and selected, i tells me version 1.0.0.4.

I've noticed that your adxloader.dll.manifest has privileges="user". This seems to be the cause of your original issue. I strongly recommend that you check section Deploying a per-machine Office extension via an MSI installer; see the PDF file in the folder {Add-in Express}\Docs on your development PC.

I will check, thank you.
Kind regards,
Yves
Posted 13 Apr, 2021 03:25:21 Top
Yves Rausch

I've noticed that your adxloader.dll.manifest has privileges="user". This seems to be the cause of your original issue.

In my project the manifest is indeed wrong, but the settings in the AddInModule was set correct RegisterForAllUsers=True.
Kind regards,
Yves
Posted 13 Apr, 2021 03:34:44 Top
Yves Rausch

Problem solved by turn to False, save, and turn on to True again. Strange, but thanks for the help.
Kind regards,
Yves
Posted 13 Apr, 2021 03:41:25 Top