ADXOlFormsManagerCaching?

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

ADXOlFormsManagerCaching?

Daniel Banks

Hi.

I am hoping someone might be able to help, I've inherited some code where by we are using a Forms Manager to display a form when a partocular type of Node is selected.

AdxOlFormsCollectionItem4.Cached = ADXOlCachingStrategy.OneInstanceForAllFolders
AdxOlFormsCollectionItem4.ExplorerLayout = ADXOlExplorerLayout.WebViewPane
AdxOlFormsCollectionItem4.FormClassName = "LawmanSolution.frmDocumentList"

If I disable the relevantformcollection (AdxOlFormsCollectionItem4.Enabled = False) item then any new nodes I click on it won't display the form but any nodes that I had previously selected now display a blank form.

It seems there is some sort of caching going on? Is this something you might be able to point me in the right direction to what might be doing it?

Thanks in advance

Daniel J. Banks
Posted 03 Feb, 2021 09:09:08 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Daniel,

Nodes? Sorry? The Outlook object model doesn't mention nodes.

Every collection item controls showing/hiding instances of a certain form (ADXOlForm) in the specified context, say. in the left pane of all read mail inspectors. I assume nodes is something you show on such a form.

If you show a form in explorer windows, then a caching strategy is involved regarding your switching between folders in the same explorer window: see ADXOlFormsCollectionItem.Cached.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 03 Feb, 2021 10:03:55 Top
Daniel Banks

Sorry by nodes I mean outlook folders.

So if you click on a folder it shows (via the AdxOlFormsCollectionItem) a specific form.

If, due a particulat set of circumstances we didn't want it to display the form in this instance (but possibly turn it back on later). What is the best \ most acceptable way to achieve this?

In essence we don't want to change any folders in the folder list we still need to keep it but we just want to temporarily disable the AdxOlFormsCollectionItem (or indeed possibly even the Forms Manager).

Thanks
Posted 03 Feb, 2021 10:15:08 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Daniel,

You can set ADXOlForm.Visible=false (or true) when in the ADXOlForm.ADXBeforeFormShow event.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 03 Feb, 2021 10:19:29 Top