Supported Apps

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Supported Apps
Add Supprted Apps to existing Project 
Michael Kaden

Hello Andrei,

hope you are well.

I want to include Outlook in an existing Excel AddIn.

It seems to work when I change

Me.SupportedApps = AddinExpress.MSO.ADXOfficeHostApp.ohaExcel

to

Me.SupportedApps = CType((AddinExpress.MSO.ADXOfficeHostApp.ohaExcel Or AddinExpress.MSO.ADXOfficeHostApp.ohaOutlook), AddinExpress.MSO.ADXOfficeHostApp)

But in the Component Designer it states

'NOTE: The following procedure is required by the Component Designer
'It can be modified using the Component Designer.
'Do not modify it using the code editor.##

But If I change the Ribbon Property in the AddinModule.vb[Design] to include Outlook, it does not work. So, have I done the right thing to change the Code as above?

Thank you and kind regards

Michael
Posted 27 Oct, 2020 02:26:23 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Michael,

You should use the designer to do these changes. Click the designer surface of the add-in module and change the Supported Apps property as required. Also, open the designer of a Ribbon tab component, specify the Ribbons property and confirm replacing the Ribbons properties of the components on the tab.

Make sure you use the Outlook interop of the same version as your Word interop: copy it from {Add-in Express installation folder}\Redistributables\Interop Assemblies\{Office version}.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 27 Oct, 2020 03:00:58 Top
Michael Kaden

Thank you Andrei for the always prompt response. This works.

On this new combined project I want to organise the project better, so:

Can I change the name of the "Root Namespace"?

Can I move Classes and Forms to other directories? (To make the project easier to organise)

Can I change the name of the .msi file?

Thank you very much and kind regards

Michael
Posted 27 Oct, 2020 10:11:59 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Michael,

You should understand that changing the add-in's ProgId would mean creating a new add-in and you won't be able to update your original add-in (if it is installed). If you are okay with this, I strongly recommend creating a new add-in project (and reusing existing code) becuase any mistake with renaming the add-in, namespace, progId, Guid will cost you a LOT of time. If however, you want to update the existing add-in, you should use the current add-in.

The name of the MSI file doesn't produce that many issues. Just change your setup project to create a new file name.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 28 Oct, 2020 03:57:21 Top
Michael Kaden

Hello Andrei,

thank you. perhaps the best way is to copy & paste the code from the project to the new project then I can clean up a few more things.....I fear however that it will cost me a lot of hours and there is some potential to make mistakes, ok we will see.

If I change the TITLE property and the PRODUCTNAME property in the SetUp project, it still uses the old MSI file name when publishing. The Publishing form does not allow me to change the name. So where can I change the name? I have the impression that the name is set on building the project?

Thank you and kind regards

Michael
Posted 28 Oct, 2020 05:20:09 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Michael,

The name of the MSI file should be changed in your setup project; google for how to specify the file name for the installation software product that you use. The Publish form allows you to *choose* the file name to publish.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 28 Oct, 2020 05:47:57 Top
Michael Kaden

Hello Andrei,

thank you I got it resolved

kind regards

Michael
Posted 28 Oct, 2020 08:28:54 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Welcome!