adxloader.Dll and adxloader64.dll stopped self updating

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

adxloader.Dll and adxloader64.dll stopped self updating

Tim Farrelly

We have just noticed that these files have stopped self updating each compile. Why would this be?

Tim
Posted 23 Sep, 2020 02:12:30 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Tim,

Change the version of the add-in assembly, build it, and check the loader DLLs. If it doesn't change, compare the project structure of your project with the project structure of a newly created add-in project.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 23 Sep, 2020 03:44:37 Top
Tim Farrelly

Hi Andrei,

Thanks for your response. It did not help me but the following message I just sent out to my dev team might assist someone else.

Tim

In the last build of 8.1.0 Subhojit reported that these two files were no longer present in the Infocouncil.ExpressAddIn\Loader folder. It was noticed because they are ported into the build of the install package to ensure the latest versions are always present as recommended by Add-In express.

I noted that the same situation was playing out on my dev machine when pointing to my git repo but not when pointing to one of my old TFS workspaces.

I investigated this issue and raised a ticket and received a response with Add-In express but neither helped.

What I have done is recopied the dlls into the Loader directory and removed the references to them from the .gitignore file which we had added a few weeks???back. It is now behaving and self updating as it was.

The ramification to this is you will now be nagged every build that these files have changed. I recommend that you don't commit these files with your regular changes. If you do it is not a problem,???it???just bloats our commits. By not committing them it means that every time you change branches you will be asked whether you want to stash them or check them out in the new branch. Don't bother stashing, just keep checking it out. This will be a little simpler.

From the build machine's perspective, sometimes in synching, new versions of those files will come through where a dev has checked them in. But this is irrelevant because the recompile of the code will self update anyway allowing the most recent version to be available for porting to the package installer.

Sorry for the inconvenience and I wish we had a better solution.
Posted 23 Sep, 2020 20:46:57 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Thank you, Tim!

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 24 Sep, 2020 01:40:37 Top