Publishing application in VS 2005

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Publishing application in VS 2005

Giorgio Prandina

Hello everybody,
I am having a hard time installing Outlook security manager via publishing.
I need to publish my application (using Outlook security manager .NET component) on a website instead of performing a normal setup with windows installer (for update reasons , i need to check and update more than 50 clients!).
First i used a reference to outlook security manager .NET.
It works on my pc but when i publish the application , it does not work on the client.
Then i deleted the reference and added a reference to secman.dll , wich becomes interop.secmanlib.dll in .NET. It works on my pc (changing a little the source code) but it does not once distributed to the client!
I read on the manual that the secman.dll library should be installed as shared in a microsoft/shared folder but options in the publishing windows of VS2005 don't allow me to do that.
What should i do? Is there a way to make it work?
Thank you for your attention
Regards
Giorgio

Posted 24 Nov, 2006 05:32:51 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Giorgio.

Please remove the secman.dll from the referencies of your application.
The fact is that the secman.dll should be registered as a COM component using the regsvr32.exe tool. The ClickOnce technology doesn't allow you to register COM components automatically. So you will have to run the command line below on each user's PC under the administrator's account:

regsvr32.exe secman.dll

P.S. Note that we take up your forum requests in the order we receive them.
Besides, it may take us some time to investigate your issue. Please be sure we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.
Posted 24 Nov, 2006 17:19:44 Top