Problems when create an Installer

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Problems when create an Installer
My project in my local machine works when I xreate an installer smoe parts are missing 
Luis Delgado

Hi, my problem is when I finish my local development and test my Addin with all its components, it works but when I try to make an Installer I tried two ways the first one with Create a setup project from Visual Studio and I build the setup and everything looks fine but some of my modules of my .xlam doesn't work, like something affected in the program commonly with an error "Try Mismatch (13)" in the case of the of other way to build a installer with another program it not build complete I mean some components missing in the build.
I hope you can help me with that
Regards
Posted 07 Aug, 2020 08:22:10 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Luis,

We can talk about deploying an Add-in Express based COM add-in for Excel. As to XLAM files, check whether their references are okay after you deploy them. Also, make sure that you do not start Excel programmatically; no Excel add-ins (not COM add-ins!) are loaded in this case.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 07 Aug, 2020 08:46:44 Top
Luis Delgado

Hello Sergei,
I'm sure the COM is loaded the .xlam is a complement in all case, when I register my COM no problem is loaded and all the program load including the reference of .xlam I reapeat is a complement only with specific methods and internal functions and tasks, my problem begins when I create my Setup project, and try to install in other computers, it has weird behaviors but in my local machine the Addin COM works, I had rebuild this project with the newest addin express its origin had very bad practices but I corrected them at least in the part of the program
Regards from Mexico
Posted 07 Aug, 2020 09:06:14 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Luis,

Luis Delgado writes:
is a complement in all case

sorry?

Luis Delgado writes:
it has weird behaviors

What exactly occurs?

Could you please provide more details in Spanish? I'll use google translate to understand it; currently I don't understand your problem. How an XLAM file relates to your COM add-in? Did you check whether its references are okay after deploying it?

Luis Delgado writes:
but in my local machine the Addin COM works

This can't prove anything unless you use a clean machine.

Luis Delgado writes:
"Try Mismatch (13)"

I assume this is Type mismatch. Did you check the references? Also, XLAM references point to Office installed on the target machine. Does your development machine and the target machine have the same Office version?

Andrei Smolin
Posted 07 Aug, 2020 09:14:00 Top
Luis Delgado

Ok well, in spanish
En mi maquina local el proyecto se despliega correctamente al registrarlo o compilarlo, cuando hago un proyecto instalador (MSI/EXE) este lo creo pero al momento de instalarlo en otra maquina comienza a generar errores en diferentes maquinas por ejemplo el "Try mismatch (13), "Unknown error 10000". Las computadoras donde pruebo esto tienen la misma version y arquitectura de office 365 mi .xalm tiene la capacidad de ver con que version de office estoy trabajando por eso menciono que es parte del proyecto ese archivo solo que tiene funciones especificas como esa que describ?, en este caso las dos maquinas donde pruebo mi aplicacion tienen la misma version de Office
Espero se pueda entender mi problema
Saludos
Posted 07 Aug, 2020 09:30:18 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

No, I don't understand it. Actually, you don't describe what should I do to get the same issue.

Did you create the installer using Add-in Express? If so, does it work right after you create it (with no modifications from you)?

Luis Delgado writes:
Try mismatch (13)

May I see a screenshot?

Andrei Smolin
Posted 07 Aug, 2020 09:36:45 Top
Luis Delgado

[img]http://www.grafiacreativa.com/images/[/img]

In this folder are two images about the quoted error

Regard
Posted 07 Aug, 2020 10:45:17 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Okay. Thank you.

Can I have answers to my questions?

How that VBA error relates to deploying an Add-in Expres based add-in?

Also make sure all my questions in my posts above are answered. Don't omit them!

At the moment I don't understand that issue in a smallest degree. I assume that after installing an Add-in Express based add-in you, for some reason (why?), use an XLAM that your installer puts in some folder (what folder?) on the target machine. You don't describe how you start Excel. You don't describe Excel version and bitness. You don't describe whether your code is ready to be run in 32bit and 64bit Excel. You don't even tell if your code constitutes a COM add-in or a combination of a COM add-in plus something else (what?).

What you tell me is: you get Type Mismatch (not Try mismatch) and you didn't tell me whether references are okay.

I can only see small fragments of what you have in your head. Could you please describe what you have in your head so that I have a full picture?

And one more point. You write: if s005Value = "" then s005Value = 0.

Do you have the same list separator, decimal separator and other separators on the development and target machines? When the error occurs, can you check whether s005Value contains a string or a number?

Andrei Smolin
Posted 07 Aug, 2020 12:20:07 Top
Luis Delgado

Andrei, I solved the issue it was from the xlam I commented you the issue was in one instruction of the with a MkDir because the path folder tahta is pretend create no have permissions well the partial solution is include manually the folder path in this case C:\Program Files\bin\Username

Now my question is

How can I set full permission of the folder bin to able create the username folder I don't know it could be from The Installer Visual Studio Project or some other way

Regards
Posted 08 Aug, 2020 21:36:19 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Luis,

Try to create a per-user installer. By default, it installs your add-in right in the user profile.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 11 Aug, 2020 03:52:52 Top