ADX X HelloWorld example

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

ADX X HelloWorld example

Esteban Astudillo

Hi,

I'm trying to execute the HelloWorld example of ADX Extensions for Outlook, but it seems that the project/solution is missing some files. I just installed the latest (dev) version of the plug-in.

I can open the solution OK and register the ADX project using VS2005, but it won't start.

I noticed that the solution does not contain either a shim project or a reference to the ADXLoader. How is this supposed to be executed?

Could you provide a link to download this sample project again?

Thanks
Posted 22 Nov, 2006 14:50:36 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

Esteban,

Do you have outlook.exe.config file located in the same folder with outlook.exe?
May it be that the supportedRuntime version is set to v1.1.4322?

>How is this supposed to be executed?
By using mscoree.dll.

P.S. Note that we take up your forum requests in the order we receive them.
Besides, it may take us some time to investigate your issue. Please be sure we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.
Posted 23 Nov, 2006 05:29:25 Top
Esteban Astudillo

Hi Fedor,

Thank you for your quick response.

I checked and I do have a .config file for outlook, but it's set to use .net 2.0 framework:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
  <startup>
    <supportedRuntime version="v2.0.50727" />
  </startup>
</configuration>

Still, this has no impact. There is no error message and the add-in it's just not started by Outlook. I tried going to the COM Add-ins dialog and enable it from there (it is in the list at least), but got the same result.

Any other ideas?
Posted 23 Nov, 2006 11:30:20 Top
Esteban Astudillo

The CODE tag doesn't seem to be working in this Forums site. This is the XML I was trying to paste in the previous post:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
<startup>
<supportedRuntime version="v2.0.50727" />
</startup>
</configuration>

Posted 23 Nov, 2006 11:31:28 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

Esteban,

Could you please create a simple ADX COM Add-in project checking off the ADX Loader and Shim project checkboxes in the wizard window. Register it using the Build | Register ADX Project command and check if the add-in loads. Please, let me know about the result.
What Outlook version do you use?
Posted 24 Nov, 2006 03:58:06 Top
Esteban Astudillo

Hi Fedor,

I created a new simple Add-in project without Shim/Loader, registered it correctly, but Outlook refuses to start the addin anyway although no error is raised. I used the options to sign the assembly as well as included the PIAs (signed)

I'm using Visual Studio 2005 and MSFT Outlook 2003 SP2 (11.8010.8107)

Posted 24 Nov, 2006 10:53:08 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

Hi Esteban,

Which security level dou you have chosen at the Security Level tab (Tools | Macro | Security)?

Do you have the "Trust all installed add-ins and templates" security option checked at the Trusted Publishers tab?
Posted 27 Nov, 2006 04:37:01 Top
Esteban Astudillo

Yes I do have selected the option "Trust all installed add-ins and templates".

On the other hand, the list of Trusted Publishers is empty. Should I have a record for ADX in here?
Posted 27 Nov, 2006 13:59:04 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

> Should I have a record for ADX in here?
No.

Please make sure you disable other add-ins during testing.
Also, remove the outlook.exe.config file located in the same folder with outlook.exe, run the add-in and let me know about the result.

Also, check the list of disable addins in Help | About | Disable items.

Did you use ADXOlFormsManager in the new simple Add-in project without Shim/Loader?
Can you send me this addin's project?

Which security level dou you have chosen at the Security Level tab (Tools | Macro | Security)?

Posted 28 Nov, 2006 08:41:16 Top
Esteban Astudillo

Hi Fedor,

Sorry about not including the Security Level as you asked me before (I thought I included that info before). Anyway, the setting is "High"

I do disable all other addins. I mean, I unregister other ADX addins and disable any other COM Addin in my dev machine. I have only one entry in the COM Addins dialog box.

I removed the outlook.exe.config file and left the AddinModule settings to Default.

Wow, as I'm going thru your list I noticed that I do have a disabled item from an old test project created with ADX.

I will see what happens when I remove this old entry and I will report back here. This could be the reason, no?

Thank you Fedor!
Posted 28 Nov, 2006 21:44:41 Top