Outlook Home Tab disappearing on startup

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Outlook Home Tab disappearing on startup

nwein

I've searched for this topic and could see many posts about disappearing tabs, unfortunately for us, we add our add-in buttons to the Explorer Home ribbon, so sometimes, definitely not reproducible (just like in many of the other posts) when launching Outlook (and this is not a preview pane or anything, just launching Outlook from the start menu), it will launch without the Home tab which as you can imagine is pretty bad. We have a work around that and that is to uncheck our add-in from the COM add-in menu and then re-check it, that solves the problem, but many users forget to do it, and in general, it just reflects badly on the add-in.
I've read https://www.add-in-express.com/forum/read.php?FID=5&TID=12137 post and i'm thinking I might just do it, I just wanted to know if this is still your best approach to this scenario or has something changed since 2014.
Again, when this happen (normally it won't happen when debugging, but on rare occasions it will) there's no exception or anything being thrown, so it makes it even harder.
Using ADX 9.3.464 with Outlook 2016 64-bit.
On a side note, I don't think we use to get this when we were on previous versions of ADX, but again, because it doesn't happen consistently or frequently I'm not sure.
Posted 20 Apr, 2020 10:37:04 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Nir,

There's still no explanation why the issue occurs. That workaround does apply. You use it if you customize built-in tabs.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 20 Apr, 2020 13:32:38 Top
nwein

Very well then, i've added that workaround and will keep my fingers crossed :)
Thanks Andrei
Posted 20 Apr, 2020 13:47:19 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Welcome!

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 21 Apr, 2020 03:01:31 Top