MS Project

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

MS Project
insert link and image 
Antonio Almeida

Hi support,

Is there a way to insert a link and an image in MS Project?

Thank you.
Antonio
Posted 11 Mar, 2020 04:32:12 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Antonio,

You need to start the Macro Recorder (see the Developer tab), insert a link and/or image, stop the Macro Recorder and study the VBA macro it creates. The macro reveals the classes/members involved in the process. You need to use these classes/members in your code. Record more macros to find more details.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 11 Mar, 2020 05:00:51 Top
Antonio Almeida

Hi Andrei,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I have tried recording a Macro but I'm affraid it does not create methods when inserting a link or an image :(

Maybe I'm doing somethig wrong but could you please try an see if you Macro reveals more information?

Thank you.
Antonio
Posted 11 Mar, 2020 05:24:51 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Antonio,

Did you enable the Developer tab?
If so, you should click Record Macro. In the Record Macro dialog box, set "Store macro in" to ThisProject.

How do you insert a link?
How do you insert an image?

Andrei Smolin
Posted 11 Mar, 2020 06:05:01 Top
Antonio Almeida

Hi Andrei,

Yes I did but the recorded macro does not have any information insert link or insert image.
I'm using office 365.

Please try it at your end.

Thank you.
Antonio
Posted 11 Mar, 2020 07:13:51 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Antonio,

Please respond to these questions:

How do you insert a link?
How do you insert an image?

Andrei Smolin
Posted 11 Mar, 2020 07:15:35 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Antonio,

Also, could you please capture a video showing how you do this and send it to the support email address? Find the support email address in {Add-in Express installation folder}readme.txt or use the contact form at https://www.add-in-express.com/support/askus.php to send it. Make sure your message contains a link to this topic.

You can use any free video-recording software available online. Or, you can use a recent build of PowerPoint: Insert | Screen Recording.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 11 Mar, 2020 07:20:19 Top
Antonio Almeida

Andrei,

I've sent an email to support with the video you requested.

Thank you.
Antonio
Posted 11 Mar, 2020 08:15:13 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Thank you, Antonio.

The only way to change the report is to study the object model. Since the macro recorder doesn't record creating a report and inserting a shape, you have to use this macro:

Sub Macro1113322()
Dim obj As Object
Set obj = Application
Stop
End Sub

Modify the current project in some way and run the macro. When the macro stops on the Stop operator, use View | Locals Window to learn what properties on what objects have changed. Say, clicking Report | Dashboards | Burndown creates an item in the ActiveProject.Reports collection; the item is named "Burndown" Adding a shape to that report creates an item to the Shapes collection. Etc. To modify these collections programmatically, you use VBA Object Browser and/or the object model description at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/vba/api/overview/project. The object browser suggests creating a report via Reports.Add. The Shapes collection (see Report.Shapes) provides a number of methods; see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/vba/api/Project.shapes.

Inserting a Hyperlink generates this code line for me: InsertHyperlink Name:="google", Address:="http://www.google.com", SubAddress:="", ScreenTip:=""

Andrei Smolin
Posted 11 Mar, 2020 11:50:23 Top
Antonio Almeida

Thank you Andrei, very helpfull.

Antonio
Posted 11 Mar, 2020 12:00:54 Top