I want to add my own items to the default context menu 
Nevzat Hayri TAVUK?U

how can I add my own items to the menus I show in the picture

User added an image
Posted 14 Jan, 2020 01:31:20 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Nevzat,

That's a Ribbon menu control located in a built-in Ribbon group; the menu shows a Ribbon item(s). You can't customize a built-in Ribbon group. You can't do nothing about Ribbon items in a built-in Ribbon menu.

In the generic case, it is possible to hide a built-in Ribbon group and create a custom Ribbon group showing a combination of [the same] built-in and custom Ribbon controls. This doesn't apply to your case, though: even if you would manage to add a custom button/item to that menu, Outlook won't process them because it doesn't expect these.

I right-click the free area to the right of the Show Message button (see your screenshot) and choose "Customize the Ribbon" in the context menu. In the Customize Ribbon dialog, in the "Customize the Classic Ribbon" combo, I choose Tools Tabs, and expand these items one by one: Attachments, Save to Cloud, Upload. The tooltip for the last control shows the control's IdMso = "SaveAttachToOneDriveMenu". That control contains a number of controls such as IdMso="OtherUploadLocations".

I assume you need to add a service (see the control "Add a service" at File | Office Account) to get those controls enabled. I've added my OneDrive and OneDrive for Business accounts and now I have them when the Upload control expands.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 14 Jan, 2020 03:36:13 Top
Nevzat Hayri TAVUK?U

I added a menu. Can I show this menu only in the context menu of attachments files
Posted 14 Jan, 2020 05:21:47 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Nevzat,

Nevzat Hayri TAVUK?U writes:
in the context menu of attachments files

Sorry? What is an attachment file?

If you mean "attachment", and if you mean the context menu that shows up when you right-click (or click) an attachment, you use the ADXRibbonContextMenu component (not ADXContextMenu !); check section Step #9 ?Â?Ð?ã Customizing Outlook Context Menus; see the PDF file in the folder {Add-in Express}\Docs on your development PC.

Also, you can find a context menu name(s) required for customizing a context menu using the add-in we describe at https://www.add-in-express.com/creating-addins-blog/2015/04/15/creating-office-context-menu-addin/.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 14 Jan, 2020 07:47:01 Top