Update with ClickTwice

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Update with ClickTwice

ewessely

Hi,
I'm having troubles with updating my installation via click twice.
Increase the version of the assembly and the version in the setup project. RemovePreviouseVersions is set to true (default) in the setup project.
Following the documentation it says explicitly NOT to update the productcode in the setup project.
Doing so, the installation of the update will fail saying "Another version of this product is allready installed".

When I also change the productcode everything (seems to) runs fine.

Is this an error in the documentation and/or do I have to expect other effects when changing the ProductCode in the setup project?

Many thanks!
Erich
ew
Posted 02 Nov, 2019 08:44:03 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Erich,

ewessely writes:
Increase the version of the assembly

Please check https://stackoverflow.com/questions/64602/what-are-differences-between-assemblyversion-assemblyfileversion-and-assemblyin. On that page, they write:

By convention, the four parts of the version are referred to as the Major Version, Minor Version, Build, and Revision.

In your case, incrementing the assembly version means incrementing the build part. Please confirm that this is the case.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 04 Nov, 2019 08:06:41 Top
ewessely

Hello Andrei,
yes, I'm incrementing the "Build" number. As fas as I know the version in setup projects does not support the "Revision" part.
In my understanding I never must touch the UpgradeCode, but shouldn't the ProductCode be different for any new version?

The final goal is e.g to deploy version 1.0.0 and then make an update to 1.0.1 and so on.

Best regards
Erich
ew
Posted 05 Nov, 2019 06:28:25 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Erich,

How do you test this? I expect that you publish the new installer and start the downloader. Is this the case?

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 06 Nov, 2019 06:18:11 Top