Namespace.Accounts Property Access

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Namespace.Accounts Property Access
The Operation Failed 
Nick Williams

Hello,

I know this is not technically related to Add-in Express. But I wonder if you have come across the following scenario before? Yesterday we had a particular user with an issue with our Outlook add-in.

During the 'AddinModule_AddinStartupComplete' event, we are hooking up Item.Add event for all the Sent Item folders.

However, when trying to access the Namespace.Account property a run-time error occurs. 'The operation failed.' Run-time error '-1559461631 (a30c8101)'.

I managed to replicate the issue in VBA.

https://imgshare.io/image/8xK04

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Nick
Posted 27 Sep, 2019 04:02:08 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Nick,

No, we've never saw such an issue. It appears, Google know nothing about it either.

I would replace foreach with a for loop. If the error occurs when you get an account, check if the next account is okay. If the relates to a specific account only, you can try to recreate or delete it. If this occurs with all accounts, try repair the store; see https://support.office.com/en-us/article/repair-outlook-data-files-pst-and-ost-25663bc3-11ec-4412-86c4-60458afc5253.

I would also check if the user is expected perform a login in order for an account(s) to start working correctly. Alternatively, turn *all* other COM add-ins off.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 27 Sep, 2019 04:32:09 Top
Nick Williams

Hi Andrei,

Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately you can't even access the Namespace.Accounts property at all. Adding the namespace object to the VBA watch window shows the Accounts value as 'Operation Failed'. Assigning the Accounts property to a variable results in a run-time error.

It appears the Outlook install might be at fault on this particular PC?

I just wanted to be sure this is not a common scenario that I should be catering for...

Thanks
Nick
Posted 27 Sep, 2019 05:43:02 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

I think this relates to Outlook data files. But you may be right and this relates to the installation. So, try to repair data files and the Office installation. Or, you can reinstall Office.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 27 Sep, 2019 05:57:12 Top