Certain fields not showing their values in the view when searching in Outlook Explorer

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Certain fields not showing their values in the view when searching in Outlook Explorer

nwein

We add a custom property to our emails via our Outlook (2016, 64-bit) add-in and expose that property in the Explorer view. All is good.
However, when a search is being done (Search current mailbox, current folder, etc.), the values in the view's custom field disappear. The actual MailItem objects still have the custom property information, as our add-in correctly identifies it, it's just a visual thing. As soon as the search is closed, the view's custom field shows the values again.
And just in case you're thinking it's the custom field that's causing this - no; We re-use another built-in property of a MailItem (Mileage) to hold the same value as our custom property, and that field's values also disappear when doing a search.
You can see what i'm talking about in the image
User added an image

(oddly enough, I've just noticed that the file size of emails gets changed when searching. wow, why? I don't really care, just find it odd).

I don't believe this is an ADX issue (though i'd be glad if it was :) ), but perhaps you've seen it before and/or know how to deal with it...
Posted 27 Aug, 2019 09:59:35 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Nir,

I've reproduced this issue on a folder containing PostItems: the custom property value is missing in a filtered view. I've sent this info to Microsoft. I *hope* they'll get the message and fix the issue.

nwein writes:
I don't believe this is an ADX issue (though i'd be glad if it was :) )

ROTFLOL!

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 28 Aug, 2019 04:54:13 Top
nwein

Much appreciated
Posted 28 Aug, 2019 12:28:30 Top