Prevent New Inspector From Opening

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Prevent New Inspector From Opening

Calvin Nguyen

Hi,

Is there a viable way to do this in the built-in control event handler? That is, when a user clicks Outlook's built-in 'Reply' button, to stop the inspector from opening?

Thanks,

Calvin
Posted 11 Nov, 2006 16:06:56 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Calvin.

You need to set the DisableStandardAction property of the ADXBuiltInControl component to true to disable the standard behavior of Outlook.

P.S. Note that we take up your forum requests in the order we receive them.
Besides, it may take us some time to investigate your issue. Please be sure we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.
Posted 13 Nov, 2006 09:40:10 Top
Calvin Nguyen

Thanks, Sergey. I followed your advice and got the desired result.

However there was a side effect... To explain, I have a BuiltInControl object that corresponds to the 'Reply' button on an inspector. I set it up this way by of course assigning to its Id the value 354. Unfortunately, when I set its DisableStandardAction property to true, the 'Reply' button appears in the editing inspector!

How do I manually configure the visibility of BuiltInControl objects? There does not appear to be an appropriate property.
Posted 13 Nov, 2006 21:50:26 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Calvin, the fact is that the ADXBuiltInControl component doesn't control the visibility of the control. You need to use the ControlObj property to access the office control and then set the Visible property to false.
Posted 14 Nov, 2006 07:28:02 Top
Calvin Nguyen

Awesome, Sergey. Thanks again!

I only have one more question. Is it not my responsibility to release the COM object I acquire using the ControlObj property?

I am guessing that is the case since releasing it causes the built-in control to no longer work. Or, if I am wrong, when is the right time to release the object?

Thanks so much for the outstanding support.
Posted 14 Nov, 2006 13:24:49 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Calvin.

You don't need to release the COM object obtained using the ControlObj property. The ADX code will do it itself.
Posted 15 Nov, 2006 12:23:49 Top