A couple of questions about setup porject

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

A couple of questions about setup porject

nwein

Let me preface everything by saying the my setup (vdproj) project works fine, however, I did notice this line in the build output:

Packaging file 'adxloader64.my add-in name.dll'...
Starting post-build events...
'Disable AllUsers Group' action failed. Can't read the ControlCondition view.
Disable UAC action: The UAC popup window will not be shown for the MSI installer.

Impersonation action: The 'adxregistrator.exe' custom action will be run with the invoker's privileges.

Post-build events finished
========== Build: 3 succeeded, 0 failed, 1 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

What does it mean and what are the implications of it? This is an Outlook add-in.

Another thing I just noticed is that in the custom actions editor, each action has a Run64Bit property.
If my add-in targets 64 bit and the installer itself has the TargetPlatform as x64, do I need to run the adxregistrator.exe actions as 64-bit as well? (currently i'm not and everything works fine as mentioned, but i'm still wondering).
Posted 21 Aug, 2019 11:21:09 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Nir,

nwein writes:
'Disable AllUsers Group' action failed. Can't read the ControlCondition view.

That message is shown if the code can't show/hide the AllUsersRadioGroup group controlling whether you install the add-in per user or per machine. This may occur if you don't use the FolderForm standard dialog or replace it with a custom dialog.

nwein writes:
do I need to run the adxregistrator.exe actions as 64-bit as well?

In order to have a single installer running on 32bit and 64bit Windows machines, the setup project must be x86. Accordingly only the x86 version of adxregistrator.exe exists and it must be run only as 32bit.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 22 Aug, 2019 11:07:15 Top