Backstage View Task

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Backstage View Task
Change state 
Mark Proctor

Support,

In the backstageview i have 2 Group Task items but cannot tell when the user is selecting them, is there any events for this that tells me which one was selected? As the first column items cycle depending on which task is selected but the second column is static; so i would like to update the second column depending on the selected task.
Posted 23 Jul, 2019 04:30:31 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Mark,

It is possible to call ADXBackstage*.Invalidate() to let Office re-read properties of the second column controls but there's no event to do this. In my tests, when your tab is shown, Office reads all properties of all Ribbon controls on the tab and when you click this or that BackstageTaskFormGroupTask, Office uses data stored internally to redraw associated controls. I've tried to add another task to a different BackstageTaskFormGroupCategory to no avail.

I know that it is possible to use Windows API to set up a Windows hook, intercept a mouse click and use UI Automation to check if the control being clicked is *the* control. I don't know however if the Ribbon API would be ready for an Invalidate() call at this moment.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 23 Jul, 2019 05:58:54 Top