Outlook 2010 email body missing

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Outlook 2010 email body missing
Outlook message body disappears when doing a reply. 
Marko Beleuca

Hello,

We've developed an Outlook add-in, with the main purpose to establish communication between the Outlook and the SharePoint. It doesn't do much besides allowing to save email messages into the SharePoint or using documents from the SharePoint to attach to email messages. The add-in starts with the Outlook, as a separate pane, containing SharePoint structure. A lot of users, with different system environments (Windows 7-10, Outlook 2010-365) are using this add-in. It loads fine, documents saving works fine.

But, in several environments a strange issue randomly appears. In Outlook 2010 (not all users with this version of Outlook, only in two different organizations), with our custom add-in installed, when a users tries to do an email reply, message body (of the message they are replying to) disappears. It doesn?Â?Ð?ét disappear only in the reply window, but also the body of the original message in the reading pane.

This issue occurred on a several random computers. The only similarity is Outlook 2010. When they update the Office/Outlook to a newer version, this issue no longer appears.

Anybody, any ideas?
Posted 11 Jul, 2019 09:55:12 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Marko,

We suppose some call to the Outlook object model does this. We suggest that you try this approach.

First off, create a Boolean variable (I'll cal it 'flag') set to false by default. On the AFXBeforeFormShow event, check the flag and if it is false, 1) set ADXOlForm.Visible=false and 2) call ADXOlForm.ADXPostMessage(); if it is true, 1) set ADXOlForm.Visible=true and 2) set the flag to false. In the ADXOlForm.ADXPostMessageReceived event, execute all the code that you currently have in the AFXBeforeFormShow and, in case you are going to show the form, set the flag to true and show the form; when you call ADXOlForm.Show, AFXBeforeFormShow is raised and the code above lets your form show.

Does this work for you?

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 16 Jul, 2019 03:50:34 Top
Marko

Hello Andrei,

Thank you for the suggestion, I'll try it.

But, at the moment, I believe it is actually related to Interop.Outlook referenced library. To be precise, the action MailItem.Save triggers deleting the value MailItem.Body, and it only happens in Outlook 2010.

Workaround is to re-assign the Body value after the Save action. But why it happens in the first place is still a mystery to me. I'll keep you informed if I make any additional progress.

Best regards,
Marko.
Posted 16 Jul, 2019 06:58:50 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Marko,

Marko writes:
Workaround is to re-assign the Body value after the Save action.

You can save the item outside of this event.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 16 Jul, 2019 07:10:34 Top