Outlook Add-in !!! - CreateCTP Erro Unabe to create specified ActiveX control

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Outlook Add-in !!! - CreateCTP Erro Unabe to create specified ActiveX control

Nick Williams

Hello,

We have deployed an Outlook Add-in that we are currently testing internally before sending to our customers.

A few users are getting the following message when Outlook starts during the splash screen.

!!! - CreateCTP Erro Unabe to create specified ActiveX control

Upon clicking OK, Outlook appears to open OK and the add-in functions as expected.

For one particular user, Sometimes Outlook does not start at all. Attempts to re-launch Outlook result in the Safe Mode prompt.

The adxloader.log does not seem to contain any errors, and appears identical to a launch that did not fail or show the CTP Error.

Is the CTP error related to Add-in Express? What is it, and what does the error mean?

Thanks
Nick
Posted 24 Jun, 2019 09:30:47 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Nick,

Yes, it's related.

We suppose this may be caused by an antivirus blocking IntResource.dll (IntResource64.dll) being unpacked to Temp and loaded from there. Try to deploy these DLLs along with your add-in files; take the DLLs from {Add-in Express}\Redistributables.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 25 Jun, 2019 03:38:55 Top
Nick Williams

Thanks Andrei,

I assume IntResource.dll (IntResource64.dll) would reside in the same folder as the add-in itself?

Thanks
Nick
Posted 25 Jun, 2019 04:00:09 Top
Nick Williams

Is there anything else I should be deploying? I am currently deploying:

* adxloader.dll and adxloader64.dll
* adxregistrator.exe

and will be including IntResource.dll and IntResource64.dll.

Do I need to do anything with the Interop Assemblies that are also included in your Redistributables folder?

Thanks
Nick
Posted 25 Jun, 2019 04:04:58 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Nick Williams writes:
I assume IntResource.dll (IntResource64.dll) would reside in the same folder as the add-in itself?

Yes. In this case, it is loaded from your add-in folder. Make sure all other add-ins are turned off. Also, if the issue persists, check the antivirus log for related records.

Nick Williams writes:
* adxloader.dll and adxloader64.dll
* adxregistrator.exe

adxloader.dll.manifest and interop files used by your add-in project. Re interops, I recommend that you set Embed Interop Types on interop references; in this case you don't need to deploy them.

Nick Williams writes:
Do I need to do anything with the Interop Assemblies that are also included in your Redistributables folder?

When your add-in project was generated the assemblies for the specified Office applications were copied to the Interops folder of your add-in project. Thus the assemblies in the Interops folder of your add-in project are a subset of assemblies in Redistributables. You should deploy the assemblies from Interops, not Redistributables. But see my suggestion above on using embedded interops.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 25 Jun, 2019 04:36:15 Top