Incorrect Entry ID of Outlook Item using event AddinExpress.MSO.ADXOutlookItemsEvents

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Incorrect Entry ID of Outlook Item using event AddinExpress.MSO.ADXOutlookItemsEvents
Issue is occurred on Windows 10 (64 Bits) with Office 365 Proplus (32 Bits) 
Davinder Kumar

Hi

I am using Add-In Express v9.xx (Latest). Our client faced issue related to Appointment while they are trying to delete the Appointment, it was not deleted (due to mismatch of Appointment EnrtyId). I analyzed and observed that this issue is only reproducible on specific environment, following is my observations:

1. This issue is reproducible on Windows 10 Enterprise (64 Bit) and Office 360 ProPlus (32 Bit).
2. I am saving Appointment EntryID in our custom data store file while creating a appointment.
3. When i opened the appointment in Outlook using AddinExpress.OL.ADXOlForm then appointment entry id is correct.
4. When user deleted the item, i tracked Appointment Entry ID using "AddinExpress.MSO.ADXOutlookItemsEvents" event class under method "ItemAdd" where Appointment entry id of deleting appointment is different. Our code used this appointment entry id to fetch the record from our custom data store.
4. I faced same issue when i was using Add-In Express v8.xx (On environment Windows 7 Pro (32Bit) and Office 2013/2016(32Bit)) but after upgraded to v9.xx, it was resolved but recently found on new environment as mentioned in point 1.

Please investigate this issue and let me know if you need any information from my side.

Note: Our Code is worked fine for Windows 10 Pro (64 Bit) with Office 365 ProPlus (64 Bit) and other configuration as well.
Posted 20 Jun, 2019 00:29:48 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Davinder,

I assume you get handle the ItemAdd event on a folder other than the calendar folder. If so, you see the issue which is by design. In fact, the EntryID string contains information about the folder in which the item locates; consequently, moving an item to another folder changes EntryID. To bypass this, you should save a custom property on the item. For example you can create a UserProperty.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 20 Jun, 2019 00:58:55 Top