Show forms based on new, viewing email or by reading pane

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Show forms based on new, viewing email or by reading pane

wmgroup

I have 3 forms, how do I display one for when viewing in reading pane, one for viewing emails when opened directly and one for composing email?

Also, i assume since I have something screwed up, it is displaying form name and dropdown a top of form. How do I prevent that from showing.
Posted 04 Apr, 2019 15:47:24 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello,

You use the ExplorerLayout property of ADXOlFormsCollectionItem to specify he region in which form instances (of the form class specified in the FormClassName property) will be shown; I assume you need to set it to *ReadingPane.

Similarly, you use the InspectorLayout to specify the inspector window region to use. Note the InspectorMode property: it lets you specify whether the form instance will be shown in the Read or Compose inspectors or both.

wmgroup writes:
Also, i assume since I have something screwed up, it is displaying form name and dropdown a top of form. How do I prevent that from showing.

I'm not sure that I understand this. Can you provide a screenshot? Do you use Add-in Express 9.X or 8.X (see the reference to AddinExpress.OL.2005.dll in your add-in project)?

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 05 Apr, 2019 02:36:31 Top
wmgroup

Thanks, that got me closer. Still having problem with reading pane, I have one form set for inspector mode read and another from for inspector mode compose. But when shows reading form no matter what you get the form assigned to read. I'm trying to get a different form when they click reply while in reading pane.

Also, here is the screen showing the form selection dropdown.

[img]http://img18105.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=52595_dropdown_122_704lo.JPG[/img]
Posted 08 Apr, 2019 14:40:41 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello,

That is, you have the following:

- an ADXOlFormsCollectionItem having InspectorLayout={some layout}, InspectorMode=Read, FormClassName=form1
- an ADXOlFormsCollectionItem having InspectorLayout={some layout}, InspectorMode=Compose, FormClassName=form2
- an ADXOlFormsCollectionItem having ExplorerLayout={a ReadingPane* layout}, FormClassName=form3

If so, depending on the state of the File | Options | Mail | "Replies and forwards" | "Open replies and forwards in a new window" check box, clicking Reply in the Reading Pane or in the Ribbon will show you form2 or form3:
- If that check box is selected, replying will create a new Inspector window; the Outlook forms manager will create and show an instance of form2.
- If that check box is NOT selected, replying will show an inline response window right in the ReadingPane; the Outlook forms manager will NOT create any form instance; instead, it will continue to display an instance of form3.

Please respond to these questions:

1. confirm that this works for you as explained above. Note that the explanation assumes that you have no code showing/hiding form instances.
2. Do you use Add-in Express 9.X or 8.X (see the reference to AddinExpress.OL.2005.dll in your add-in project)?

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 09 Apr, 2019 05:33:22 Top