Copying from ADXTaskPane - focus problem

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Copying from ADXTaskPane - focus problem
Controls in ADXTaskPane aren't focused so trying to copy selected text on them copies current cell instead 
Developer

Hello,

I?Â?Ð?ém developing an Excel AddIn which uses an ADXTaskPane to present a user control containing a WebBrowser control to show help files. When I try to copy selected text from the shown help file by pressing ctrl+c the current cell on the current excel worksheet is copied instead.

So it seems Excel doesn?Â?Ð?ét want to move the focus from the shown worksheet. When I call Focus() on the user control, e.g. when DocumentCompleted of WebBrowser is fired, then I?Â?Ð?ém able to copy, but of course when I go to the worksheet and then back to the browser it?Â?Ð?és only copying the cell again.

When I open Excel's own help, copying from there works perfectly fine.

Are you aware of a way to set the focus properly? Is there a way to make the ADXTaskPane care for this?

BTW I?Â?Ð?ém using AddIn Express 9.2.4635.0 and Excel 16.0.11126.20192

Regards and thanks in advance
Andreas
Posted 28 Jan, 2019 08:26:43 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Andreas,

Is it possible that your code handles [incorrectly] the ADXExcelTaskPane.ADXKeyFilter event? Check section "Keyboard and focus" at https://www.add-in-express.com/docs/net-custom-task-panes.php.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 28 Jan, 2019 09:24:56 Top
Developer

Hello Andrei,

thanks for your quick response. Currently my code isn't handling the ADXExcelTaskPane.ADXKeyFilter event at all, because an ADXTaskPane is used, which was simply added to the task panes of the AddinModule - it seemed the ADXTaskPane would be enough to handle the task of presenting a WebBrowser.

Is this focus issue an expected behavior of the ADXTaskPane or is there a way to manage it in this control? And since it seems the ADXTaskPane integrates much better in Excel's look and feel than the ADXExcelTaskPane, I would like to keep it if possible.

Regards,
Andreas
Posted 30 Jan, 2019 03:51:44 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Andreas,

Developer writes:
because an ADXTaskPane is used, which was simply added to the task panes of the AddinModule

Ah, I see. Unfortunately, Microsoft doesn't provide such support for Custom Task Panes. So this is expected. The only way with CTPs is to use Windows API. This is complicated. No guarantee of success.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 30 Jan, 2019 04:36:08 Top