Barracuda Essentials add-in for Outlook not working with Add-in Express

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Barracuda Essentials add-in for Outlook not working with Add-in Express
Barracuda Essentials is causing the Add-in Express based add-in not to work correctly 
Tim Overton

Hi Guys,

The our clients are using the Barracuda Essentials add-in for Outlook (https://campus.barracuda.com/product/essentials/doc/70588352/how-to-manually-add-the-barracuda-essentials-for-email-security-outlook-add-in/).
Our add-in for Outlook is based on Add-in Express, when our add-in is installed into Outlook but disabled, the Barracuda add-in works fine. When we enable our add-in, Outlook starts as per normal, our icon is on the main ribbon with the Barracuda settings icon, however when double clicking an email, the Barracuda ribbon icons are disabled and our ribbon icon doesn't show up at all, within the window modal.

Please see image [img]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YQGFmL9vpenjBr2ZSryNDXwLG-KELpB5/view?usp=sharing[/img], the yellow/red circle is where our add-in should be showing up and you can see the Barracuda add-in is disabled.

Have you run into this before? Our add-in code seems to be all be initiating fine. Any ideas?

Regards,
Tim
Posted 02 Oct, 2018 21:34:35 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Tim,

No, we didn't receive such reports. Is Barracuda a COM add-in or a JavaScript add-in? Could you please send me a screenshot (screenshots) demonstrating the dialog that you open via File | Options| Add-ins so that your add-in and Barracuda add-in are highlighted (before and after your add-in is enabled)? Please send the screenshot(s) to the support email address; find it in {Add-in Express installation folder}\readme.txt. Make sure your email contains a link to this topic.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 03 Oct, 2018 04:49:38 Top
Tim Overton

Hi Andrei,

The Barracuda Add-in is a JS add-in. I have sent through an email to support.

Have you been able to replicate?

Talk soon,
Tim
Posted 07 Oct, 2018 23:18:51 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Tim,

Thank you for sending me the screenshot. We were unable to find a way how to install that add-in. Can you point me to such a away?

Andrei Smolin
Posted 08 Oct, 2018 08:08:07 Top
Tim Overton

Hi Andrei, I found it easiest to install the Barracuda add-in from Outlook online. Log into an Office 365 account > Outlook > settings > Manage Add-ins > Find Barracuda and install it. Then setup desktop Outlook with that same O365 account, the add-in should auto-install.
Posted 09 Oct, 2018 00:03:56 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Tim,

I've installed that add-in. Its button is enabled for me although I have three Add-in Express based add-ins enabled in my Outlook.

If you do not create Add-in Express components on the fly, please send me the InitializeComponent() method which is called from the constructor of the add-in module. I'll use it to create a dummy add-in using the same Add-in Express components and test if the issue is reproducible.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 09 Oct, 2018 07:51:17 Top
Tim Overton

Thanks Andrei, sending you the InitializeComponent method now.

Regards,
Tim
Posted 23 Oct, 2018 22:49:19 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Tim,

I've sent you a dummy add-in to test.

I've paid attention to "when double clicking an email" in your original post. Could you please provide more details? Do you double-click an item e.g. in Inbox? Or you double-click a .MSG file in the file system?

Andrei Smolin
Posted 24 Oct, 2018 07:18:39 Top
Tim Overton

Hi Andrei,

I've finally had a chance to have a look at this. Thanks for providing the dummy add-in. I've upgraded to the latest version (adxnet-v902-b4635-vs-pre) built your add-in. The first problem is the security manager component had issues, in AddinModule.Designer.cs - its complaining about this line:
private AddinExpress.Outlook.SecurityManager securityManager1;
I just commented it out for now. Has the security manager changed in the new version of Add-in Express?

Once this component was commented out, the add-in built, I was able to register it into Outlook. Ran it, and yes, the dummy add-in is there and the Barracuda component is working as well.

The issue is when you click the New Email button and the new email dialogue pops up. The double click was my mistake, I was talking about double clicking from the Inbox, where you see the Inspect Ribbon button but that view is working, the "New Email" view isn't working.

To confirm, your dummy add-in is working with the New Email dialogue. But our full Add-in on the latest add-in express version is not working. For our full add-in we don't even have a button on that New Email view - can you point me to which code is running, when you click New Email?
Posted 27 Nov, 2018 06:46:39 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Tim,

Tim Overton writes:
The first problem is the security manager component had issues, in AddinModule.Designer.cs - its complaining about this line:
private AddinExpress.Outlook.SecurityManager securityManager1;
I just commented it out for now. Has the security manager changed in the new version of Add-in Express?

You should check if the corresponding reference is okay. I'd like that you restore that line to check if it's Security Manager who produces the issue.

Tim Overton writes:
For our full add-in we don't even have a button on that New Email view - can you point me to which code is running, when you click New Email?

You can start with the NewInspector and InspectorActivate events.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 27 Nov, 2018 07:14:41 Top