How Do I Capture Built-In Control Events From An Inspector?

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

How Do I Capture Built-In Control Events From An Inspector?

Calvin Nguyen

Hi there,

I am somewhat familiar with AddinExpress.MSO.ADXBuiltInControl objects. For example I know assigning them Id's of 1757, 354, 355 and 356 allows me to capture clicks on the explorer buttons 'New', 'Reply', 'Reply All' and 'Forward', respectively.

However, how do I capture the same button clicks from an inspector? Are the ADXBuiltInControl objects, using the Id's I mentioned above, supposed to capture both explorer and inspector events? It certainly doesn't seem to work this way. Are there other Id values I should be assigning?

Thanks for your help,

Calvin
Posted 18 Oct, 2006 16:58:53 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Calvin.

You need to use the CommandBar property of the ADXBuiltInControl component to capture events of Outlook inspector controls.
Please look at the following example:
http://www.add-in-express.com/projects/builtinexample_vb.zip
Posted 19 Oct, 2006 11:54:01 Top
Calvin Nguyen

Thanks for the quick reply, Sergey.

I installed the project you posted at the link above. 'Reply' and 'Forward' work fine from the explorer, triggering the appropriate message boxes. However these buttons do not work from an inspector. No message box appears when 'Reply' or 'Forward' is clicked. In debug mode the subs btnInspReply_Action() and btnInspForward_Action() are never entered.

This is exactly the same issue I am having in my own project, so I wonder, is there some setting I am not configuring correctly in Outlook? Or do you know of anything else that it could be?

Thanks again.
Posted 20 Oct, 2006 14:43:52 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Calvin.

What component did you set in the CommandBar property of the built-in control for Outlook inspectors? Is it the ADXOlInspectorCommandBar component?
Posted 26 Oct, 2006 11:35:22 Top