Outlook Add-In and CITRIX meta frame

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Outlook Add-In and CITRIX meta frame
Outlook Add-In cannot be activated for CITRIX clients 
Val Skordin

Hi,

I have developed small Outlook Add-In (project name is "OutlookNote") with Inspector Button to transfer message contents to Database. When User opens message in pop-up window, inspector button "Save.." should be visible.

I have prepared standard setup package by Add-In Express tools.
The add-in has been developed using Visual Studio 2003 / VB / Add-In Express .NET 2.7. in Windows 2000 Server computer (development server).
Instalation package could be installed in Windows XP/Windows 2000 Professional desktops with Outlook 2000/2003. We can see inspector button activated in message window.

But when we tried to install this Add-In in Citrix Server (Windows 2000 Server computer) with Outlook 2000 we met the following situation:

1. All computer registries look same in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\AddIns\OutlookNote.AddInModule, except ADXStartMode. For all Windows XP/Windows 2000 computers it is after installation "NORMAL", but for CITRIX server - "FIRSTSTART" (?)
2. Inspector button is not visible in message window. At same time new COM Add-In can be find by Tools->Options->Other->Advanced Options...->COM Add-Ins...->Add-Ins available - unchecked box "OutlookNote". We tried to check this box, but nothing happen and this box remains unchecked and button is not visible for User.

I have tested different kind of installation packages (.NET Assembly, based on loader) but result was same.

What should we do? Or what we made wrong?

Thank you,
Val Skordin

Posted 16 Oct, 2006 18:24:26 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Val.

What version of .NET Framework installed on the Citrix PC?
Do you have other add-ins running on the server?
Also please check the Security dialog in Outlook. Probably you set the Very High level security and the 'Trust all installed add-ins and templates' checkbox is unchecked.
Posted 17 Oct, 2006 11:14:20 Top
Val Skordin

Thank you,
Sergey

We have tried to change Security Level to "Medium" & "Low", but situation did not change.

We have .NET Framework 1.1.4322 installed, but also the files of versions 1.0.3705 & 2.0 50727 are located in /WINNT/Microsoft.NET/Framework. Version 2.0 was installed once and uninstalled now. We do not have other add-ins.

Val
Posted 17 Oct, 2006 15:54:37 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Val.

Please check the 'Disabled items' dialog in Outlook. Probably your add-in is there. And what about the 'Trust all installed add-ins and templates' checkbox? Is it checked?
Posted 18 Oct, 2006 08:54:27 Top
Val Skordin

CITRIX computer has Outlook 2000 installed.
It does not have 'Trust all installed add-ins and templates' checkbox''

Thank you,
Val
Posted 18 Oct, 2006 13:12:48 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Val.

Can you please create a new COM Add-in using the 'Shared Add-in' wizard in VS 2003 and install it on the CITRIX computer?
Posted 19 Oct, 2006 09:14:17 Top
Val Skordin

I do not think we have time to do it now. We use your ADX, because it is more easier way to create Outlook Add-In. If we will be able to create Add-In by Visual Studio, we will not need ADX. So, we are trying to figure out where problem is.

Additional information for you:
When our Outlook Add-In is installed in XP computers with both .NET Frameworks (1.1 & 2) installed, Inspector Button disappears every time when User restarts Outlook.

Thank you,
Val
Posted 19 Oct, 2006 13:00:00 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Val.

I asked you about the 'Shared Add-in' for testing purposes. I just wondered if the shared add-in worked on the CITRIX PC. This simple add-in can be created in 2 minutes.

When our Outlook Add-In is installed in XP computers with both .NET Frameworks (1.1 & 2) installed, Inspector Button disappears every time when User restarts Outlook.

This behavior is typical for old versions of ADX. Are you sure that you use the latest ADX version? Can you send me the project? I will check it.

Posted 20 Oct, 2006 08:37:13 Top
Val Skordin

Hi Sergey,

I have used your recommendations about different variants of setup projects for COM add-ins. I have created another version of installation package, based on .NET assembly (your first variant with AddInExpress.Install.dll). I have included in this package all dependencies (AddInExpress.MSO.dll, Extensibility.dll, Interop.Office.dll, Interop.Outlook.dll, MSO09.dll, msoutl9.olb, Office.dll, stdole.dll). After this we were able to install and activate Outlook Add-In in CITRIX computer.

Also, our first setup version, based on ADXLoader, we could not install on all XP desktops, but this new version (.NET assembly) we were installed. So, sometimes computer configuration creates problem for ADXLoader.

The most Users computers have only .NET Framework 1.1 installed, so we did not have problem with button "disappearance". It is only in couple development computers, it is OK for now.

I think this case closed.
Thank you for your help. :D

Val
Posted 20 Oct, 2006 12:43:13 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Val.
It is a good news.
I think you should exclude the MSO09.dll and msoutl9.olb files from the setup. They are not required for the add-in.
Posted 20 Oct, 2006 13:25:05 Top