Opening an email in "online mode" (Outlook)

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Opening an email in "online mode" (Outlook)
Does add-in express have a way to open an email in online mode in Outlook? 
Nick Whymark

Hi,

A bit of a long shot but I wondered if add-in express had any way of forcing an email to open in on-line mode?

This is the equivalent of IMsgStore::OpenEntry in extended MAPI or Session.GetMessageFromID in redemption using the MAPI_NO_CACHE flag.

Thanks!
Posted 23 Apr, 2018 13:09:55 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Nick,

If 1) an email to respond to is selected in an Explorer window and 2) the File | Options | Mail | "Replies and forwards" | "Open replies and forwards in a new window" flag is cleared, you can get thatExplorer.CommandBars, call CommandBars.ExecuteMso("Reply"), and release the CommandBars object.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 24 Apr, 2018 00:29:55 Top
Nick Whymark

Thanks Andrei! Good information!

I was hoping for more of a "silent" programmatic method (the equivalent of IMsgStore::OpenEntry). The reason is I want to get the PR_INTERNET_MESSAGE_ID of a sent email (in the sent folder) as this is unavailable in cached exchange mode unless you can open the email directly in on-line mode - i.e directly from Exchange. I'm monitoring the sent folder for certain emails and didn't want to pop up any windows, just grab that property "silently"!

No worries if it's not possible I was just hoping you may have something similar to Redemption's Session.GetMessageFromID which would do the the same thing.

Thanks for you help though!
Posted 24 Apr, 2018 05:07:20 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

You are welcome, Nick.

Add-in Express doesn't provide that sort of functionality.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 24 Apr, 2018 05:46:15 Top