Version 8.9.4453

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Version 8.9.4453
Question to Update to HotFix 8.9.4453 
Michael Kaden

Hello,

1.) I have updated to HotFix 8.9.4453 but the message on start up of VS still shows:

A newer Version of Add-in Express for Microsoft Office and .NET is available

2.) I had a problem with an Excel AddIN Com/XLL project that Excel crashed when columns are deleted by mouse action. After the update this does not happen any more. Is it possible that the new update fixed it? Is it possible that my AddInExpress was damaged and reinstallation fixed the problem?

3.) When updating AddIn Express and to ensure "old" projects are using the new version, is there any action required, such as replacing the adxloaders? I remember something to this extend from the forum.

Thank you and kind regards

Michael
Posted 11 Apr, 2018 04:07:11 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Michael,

Replacing the loaders is required. Check out all your code and register the project. Confirm the replacement when asked. Make sure your setup project gets the loader form the Loader subfolder of your add-in project.

One more note. If Add-in Express assemblies listed in the Reference section of your add-in project have Copy Local = True on them, set Copy Local = False and rebuild the add-in project. If you don't do this, your add-in will be used old Add-in Express assemblies; if the setup project gets these assemblies from the Add-in Express installation folder, this creates a mismatch that ends with an exception when the add-in is being registered or loaded on hte target machine.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 11 Apr, 2018 08:18:56 Top
Michael Kaden

Dear Andrei,

thank you for the prompt response. Loader replaced & copy local = False.

thank you

Message for the update still comes up

Any comments on my point 2.) above?

Thank you & regards

Michael
Posted 11 Apr, 2018 09:31:38 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Michael Kaden writes:
Any comments on my point 2.) above?

No idea. I'd like to get more info about the exception. Is there a call stack?

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 11 Apr, 2018 09:40:24 Top
Michael Kaden

Dear Andrei,

unfortunately not. I did not keep any crush temp files. When the error came up, I created the ExcelCrash Project to reproduce the issue and narrow it down. My main Add In project has 38 Mb and is quite complex so I try to reproduce issues with easy sample projects. But then I could not reproduce the issue, but as we will talk tomorrow, other ones.

The disappearance of this problem could have just coincidently happened at the same time I updated AddIn Express? So I will just wait until the problem arises again and deal with it then.

thank you and kind regards

Michael
Posted 11 Apr, 2018 10:05:57 Top