Change output location of publish files

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Change output location of publish files

Inspirometer Developer

The published version of our add-in comes in a number of different deployments (main version, beta version, company specific versions) and as such it has a number of URLs that it is published to. I've been working with VSTO for a bit over a year now so I'm very familiar with provider URLs so this is not a question about that. What I want to be able to do is have a number of sub folders in the /publish/ folder that I can change quickly so that when I publish the beta version it is output to /publish/beta or when I publish the main version it's output to /publish/main.

In native VSTO this is very simple to do from the publish menu as there's a field to change the output location. ADX seems to have no such field in it's own publish menu so what are my options for outputting to multiple folders?
Posted 07 Nov, 2017 09:04:38 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello,

ClickTwice implements the concept of editions: you specify the edition of the current installer in the Publish dialog; in Preferences, you specify the editions which can replace this installer when a new version is available.

Will this work for you?

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 08 Nov, 2017 06:16:01 Top
Inspirometer Developer

Hi Andrei,

I'm afraid this won't work as we're using an (almost) exclusively ClickOnce based deployment. All I need is to output published files to a subfolder. Is this really not possible in the current version of ADX?
Posted 20 Nov, 2017 10:42:57 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello,

Consider using adxpublisher; see adxpublisher.exe and adxpublisher.exe.config in {Add-in Express installation folder}\Bin. See also section Publishing from the Command Prompt, see the PDF file in the folder {Add-in Express}\Docs on your development PC. Finally, pay attention to the Generate 'adxpublisher.exe.config' file checkbox on the Preferences dialog when you publish your add-in.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 21 Nov, 2017 08:21:16 Top