Generic: Question about Outlook Item ListView

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Generic: Question about Outlook Item ListView

Matthias Kwiedor

Hi!

I know that has nothing to do with Add-In-Express, but maybe someone can help me out!

How can i modify the Outlook Item ListView (where you get the eMail List) with custom Headers and own Items?

Or is this not possible? I try to display a custom created View (Headers and Datas) from a Datafile while clicking on an own created Folder in the Inbox!

Regards

Matthias
Posted 04 Nov, 2004 16:22:40 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Matthias,

As far as I known Outlook doesn't allow you to do this. But you can apply WebViewOn and WebViewURL properties of Outlook.MAPIFolder interface to set your home page for an Outlook folder. Then you can make use of DHTML to display own items.
Posted 05 Nov, 2004 05:54:21 Top
Eugene Starostin

Hi Matthias,

You question requires some precisions. Do you want to create your own folder that will display your own items stored in Outlook db? Or it deals with items stored beyond Outlook.
Posted 05 Nov, 2004 08:18:37 Top
Matthias Kwiedor

Hi Eugene!

Thanks for your Reply.

I want to create own folders where i get external Datas from a Database (not Outlook db, because i have to store more informations then sender, receiver etc). So i have to deal with items stored beyond Outlook and have to write a own ListCreator when a user clicks on a folder (which i can fetch)

I found MAPIFolder Views and get the XML of the Headers, but i can't change them and i don't found a way to list own items where come not from the Outlook db.

Regards

Matthias
Posted 05 Nov, 2004 08:45:43 Top
Eugene Starostin

Matthias,

I know for sure that MAPI allows a developer to add his own custom properties that will be stored in Outlook db.

But I didn't know how to "map" to Outlook folder own db. In some groups I came across folder home pages as a possible solution.
Posted 05 Nov, 2004 09:06:59 Top
Matthias Kwiedor

Hi Eugene,

that means i can write custom datas into the Outlook db? I thought i can only write pre-defined values to it. It would be no problem to store that data in the Outlook db if i can extend it with own datasets.

Regards

Matthias
Posted 05 Nov, 2004 09:18:03 Top
Eugene Starostin

Yes, you can. You can export your data and then synchronize them. You can find a lot of articles about these techniques on MSDN.
Posted 05 Nov, 2004 10:11:05 Top
Matthias Kwiedor

Thank you Eugene,

found what i searched.

Regards

Matthias
Posted 06 Nov, 2004 18:41:06 Top