Click Twice installer with option 'Show warning if host applications(s) running'

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Click Twice installer with option 'Show warning if host applications(s) running'

Wolfgang Raab

Hi,

is there a way to localize the message shown in the Dialog during the update?

I need to show the dialig in german language 'You have the following applications running on your ......Please Close the above applicaion(s) for the update process to complete.....'

Thanks
Wolfgang
Posted 08 Jun, 2017 03:09:19 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Wolfgang,

Check the parameters supplied to the OnBeforeDisplayAlerts event of the add-in module.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 08 Jun, 2017 03:42:08 Top
Wolfgang Raab

Hello,

thank you for your reply but it doesn't seem this event is invoked during 'Click Twice' update?

Thanks
Wolfgang
Posted 08 Jun, 2017 04:42:38 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Ah, that message. Check the ADXClickTwiceModule.OnUpdaterShowRunningAppWarning event; add a ClickTwice module to your project first.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 08 Jun, 2017 04:53:44 Top
Wolfgang Raab

Hi,

until now I did not manage get things running.

I've added a custom action and configured it to 'Use for the downloader' and 'Use for the updater'.

In the constructor and event handlers for OnUpdaterBeforeCheckForUpdates, OnUpdaterInitialize, OnUpdaterShowRunningAppWarning I'm writing log lines to a file.

The only log that is written is during the first installation out of the constructor of the module. During the update nothing is written to the log so I'think the module isn't loaded?!

Can you give me any hints what I've forgotten?

Thanks
Wolfgang
Posted 12 Jun, 2017 03:57:37 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Wolfgang,

You can send me your project for testing. Find the support email address in {Add-in Express installation folder}\readme.txt. Please make sure your email contains a link to this topic.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 12 Jun, 2017 05:52:37 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Wolfgang,

I've received the project. I'm going to look into it later today or tomorrow.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 13 Jun, 2017 05:29:33 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Wolfgang,

I apologize for pointing you to a wrong direction: OnUpdaterShowRunningAppWarning won't occur in your case because you don't use automatic updates and this is the only scenario in whcih the updater is used.

First off, you need to turn that warning off: uncheck Publish dialog | Preferences | Common | Quiet mode during uninstall. Then in the downloader custom action, in the OnBeforeUninstall event, you call e.GetRunningHostApplications() to get the list of running processes, analize it, and show a custom warning.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 13 Jun, 2017 06:52:57 Top