Cant install any version of ADX

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Cant install any version of ADX

Jason Rodman

I uninstalled the previous version and tried to install the latest since I just renewed my subscription and it always fails. It give me a popup during install after choosing the visual studio versions to install to. It says "There is a problem with this windows installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run.". I had a previous version installed from late last year. The only difference is I have since upgraded from windows 7 to 10. Not sure if that makes a difference. Also running VS2017 which is why I wanted the new version. Any ideas?
Posted 17 Apr, 2017 11:20:11 Top
Jason Rodman

Also other actions I attempted: Made sure to extract files to a folder and unblocked any of the files that were blocked. Run as administrator did not work either.
Posted 17 Apr, 2017 11:21:25 Top
Jason Rodman

So I finally figured out what the issue is. My organization is running Cylance for endpoint protection, and it was flagging your installer as malicious. The installer drops a temp file that gets blocks and then the installer fails. You may want to look into why this is being flagged, in case others have a similar issue. Normally organizations would just whitelist your installer to allow it to run, but it doesn't work with Cylance. You have to whitelist the temp file, which must contain an executable, but the name changes on every install so its not possible. I had to uninstall Cylance from my machine to get your software to install.
Posted 17 Apr, 2017 14:09:51 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Jason,

I'm getting a demo version of Cylance Protect in order to reproduce this issue. I'll let you know about my results.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 18 Apr, 2017 08:41:40 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Jason,

Alas, I haven't received any response from them. If the issue persists, I suggest that you contact them to check the installer.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 12 Jul, 2017 07:56:06 Top
Chris Ducharme

Ignore. Replied to wrong message
Posted 12 Jul, 2017 11:53:38 Top