Outlook add-In getting disappear

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Outlook add-In getting disappear

Eman Hassan

the outlook add-in developed using Add-In Express for .Net getting disabled every time we close and open outlook.
when we enable manually and close and open it returns back to get it unchecked.

Please advise.
Posted 10 Apr, 2017 04:08:10 Top
Eman Hassan

While googling the issue, I found that this issue might related to outlook Resiliency. Is this applicable to the add-in that is developed using Add-In Express?
Posted 10 Apr, 2017 04:41:50 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Eman,

I suggest that reinstall your add-in, start Outlook and send us copies of these files:

- {My Documents}\Add-in Express\adxregistrator.log in the profile of the user who runs the installer
- {My Documents}\Add-in Express\adxloader.log in the profile of the user who starts Outlook

You can find the support email address in {Add-in Express installation folder}\readme.txt.

An Add-in Express based add-in isn't affected by Outlook Resiliency *at startup*. This works because Add-in Express loads your add-in in an event which isn't controlled by Outlook. I suppose your add-in fires an exception at startup and this causes the issue; the logs should help me to check if this is the case.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 10 Apr, 2017 07:29:01 Top
Eman Hassan

I have sent the required file by email. Please check.

Thanks.
Posted 11 Apr, 2017 03:14:27 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Eman,

Thank you for the log file. It shows that the add-in has been loaded successfully. I wonder if this is a result of your enabling the add-in manually. If so, please restart Outlook, make sure that 1) the add-in isn't loaded, and 2) adxloader.log gets updated. If this is the case, please send adxloader.log to me (before you enable the add-in). If you enable the add-in and it gets loaded, adxloader.dll may be rewritten.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 11 Apr, 2017 04:17:57 Top