Connect item events to popped out item

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Connect item events to popped out item

Velja Radenkovic

When user clicks reply in my add in Outlook opens inline reply.
Then he clicks pop out and I need to connect ItemEvents to popped out item.

I found this in one Article: "You can still use the InspectorActivate event to determine if the user clicked on the POP OUT button in the inline response window, which will then open a new Inspector window for the active item." Here is the article link: https://www.add-in-express.com/creating-addins-blog/2012/10/03/outlook2013-whats-new-developers/

This is not true. InspectorActivate is not fired. I checked on several different Outlook instances.

How can I connect item events to popped out window?
Posted 25 Jan, 2017 08:39:40 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Velja,

Velja Radenkovic writes:
This is not true. InspectorActivate is not fired.

This is true for me. The InspectorActivate event does occur in Outlook 2016.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 26 Jan, 2017 07:33:34 Top
Velja Radenkovic

Yes. Sorry. I figured it out. Logging level made me think its not working. However I still have the problem.

Here it is:
To be able to handle clicking on Reply / Reply All / Forward in reading pane, I implemented ExplorerSelectionChange Event and I connect ItemEvents to selected item. It works nice all 3 events are working.

My problem is that after I pop out reply, InspectorActivate is called so I connect ItemEvents to popped out item. BUT just after that ExplorerSelectionChange event is called again by outlook and it "steals" my events connection. I thought about introducing one shot flag to prevent this but ExplorerSelectionChange is called again after that if user clicks my add in button in inspector which changes the message (adds user property).

Is there any way of handling Reply, Reply All and Forward buttons in reading panel not using ExplorerSelectionChange event?

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Velja
Posted 26 Jan, 2017 10:47:26 Top
Velja Radenkovic

Probably Inline response event. OK please disregard. I will start from the beginning and check where I've failed.
Posted 26 Jan, 2017 11:11:31 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

No problem.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 27 Jan, 2017 00:52:02 Top