perMachine not registering add-in for all users

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

perMachine not registering add-in for all users

KristianG

I have created a simple add-in for outlook which creates a button in the ribbon menu and now when I am trying to set up the installer so that it installs for All Users on the same machine. The Addin is not being registered for users other than the ones installing on the machine.

I have tried following so far:
- Moved all the registry keys to HKLM from HKCU
- Changed the installation path to ProgramFiles
- Changed the
InstallScope="perMachine"
in the Product.wxs in the Wix Installer
- Changed the switch for which the adxregistrator is running to admin

<!-- The "adxregistrator.exe" custom action. -->
    <CustomAction Id="_33F5B32F_B481_4A74_A2A0_FD51E05FD739" BinaryKey="adxregistrator_exe" Execute="deferred" ExeCommand="/install=&quot;[TARGETDIR]$(var.MoveAboutUrl.TargetFileName)&quot; /privileges=admin" Impersonate="yes" />
    <CustomAction Id="_6C86629A_3DFE_4DFB_9695_538E175C115E" BinaryKey="adxregistrator_exe" Execute="rollback" ExeCommand="/uninstall=&quot;[TARGETDIR]$(var.MoveAboutUrl.TargetFileName)&quot; /privileges=admin /generateLogFile=false" Impersonate="yes" />
    <CustomAction Id="_CC33A401_8EED_48A5_B238_946F39696A2C" BinaryKey="adxregistrator_exe" Execute="deferred" ExeCommand="/uninstall=&quot;[TARGETDIR]$(var.MoveAboutUrl.TargetFileName)&quot; /privileges=admin" Impersonate="yes" />

- Changed the properties of the AddinModule to
RegisterForAllUsers=True

- Changed the manifest file and added attribute like this:

<loaderSettings generateLogFile="true" shadowCopyEnabled="false" configFileName="app.config" privileges="admin" minOfficeVersionSupported="12" >
    <logFileLocation>E:Log.txt</logFileLocation>
  </loaderSettings>

Please tell me if I am missing something else as well?
Posted 09 Nov, 2016 00:17:52 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Kristian,

You need to follow the steps given in section Deploying a per-machine Office extension via an MSI installer, see the PDF file in the folder {Add-in Express}\Docs on your development PC.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 09 Nov, 2016 02:03:07 Top
KristianG

Thank You,
After following steps written in the Document,I run "setup.exe" as an administrator and every thing is working perfectly fine for all users on the machine.
Posted 24 Nov, 2016 01:57:23 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

You are welcome!

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 24 Nov, 2016 03:01:54 Top