Visual studio crashes in Publish -> Populate button

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Visual studio crashes in Publish -> Populate button

TheBear

Here are my steps:
1. Launch Visual Studio 2015 with Admin priviledges
2. Clean Solution, then build solution in release mode
3. Unregister, then register ADX project. -> Double check that it does indeed work
4. In Visual studio, right click on the Add in express project, and then click Publish
5. When I click on the "Populate" button, Visual studio gives me a windows error saying it has stopped responding.

This has happened even after a computer restart, disabling anti virus etc.

However it looks like if I created a blank add in express project, the populate button does indeed work.

Any idea as to why its crashing? Where are the log files for this located to see what is going on?

Many thanks.
Posted 22 May, 2016 08:07:31 Top
TheBear

I have decided to use Click Twice (MSI deployment) instead which seems to work.

However, when I install the msi via the published installation file on another computer, the this.IsMSINetworkDeployed() is coming back as false.

Am I doing anything wrong? The application was indeed installed via MSI network installation file.
Posted 23 May, 2016 04:31:59 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hello,

Any idea as to why its crashing? Where are the log files for this located to see what is going on?

Can you please send a problematic solution on the support e-mail? I will test it.

However, when I install the msi via the published installation file on another computer, the this.IsMSINetworkDeployed() is coming back as false.

Did you run the installation using the downloader application (<add-in project name.exe>)?
Posted 23 May, 2016 07:20:46 Top