Enable/Disable ribbon button based on context

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Enable/Disable ribbon button based on context

Burim Ratkoceri

Hi,

I am trying to find a way to change the enabled property of a custom ribbon control based on the context. For example I have a button that straighten lines in PowerPoint, and would like for it to be enabled only when a line or arrow is selected.

Thanks,
Burim Ratkoceri
Posted 12 May, 2016 03:05:03 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Burim,

You need to handle the PropertyChanging event of your ribbon button. Please have a look at the
https://www.add-in-express.com/docs/net-ribbon-components.php#properties-events chapter for more information.
Posted 12 May, 2016 04:57:08 Top
Burim Ratkoceri

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. I have already tried that but it doesn't fire when I for example select a line on the slide.

Thanks.
Posted 12 May, 2016 06:11:34 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Burim,

Sorry, my fault. You need to call the ADXRibbonButton.Invalidate() method so that PowerPoint retrieves all ribbon button properties anew. You can do this in the SlideSelectionChanged or/and WindowSelectionChange event handlers, for example:

private void adxPowerPointAppEvents1_SlideSelectionChanged(object sender, object hostObj)
{
    adxRibbonButton1.Invalidate();
}

private void adxPowerPointAppEvents1_WindowSelectionChange(object sender, object hostObj)
{
    adxRibbonButton1.Invalidate();
}

private void adxRibbonButton1_PropertyChanging(object sender, ADXRibbonPropertyChangingEventArgs e)
{
    // TODO
}
Posted 12 May, 2016 10:12:20 Top
Burim Ratkoceri

Hi Dmitry,

Thanks for the solution, it is working fine for me.
Posted 13 May, 2016 04:46:23 Top