Upgrade Outlook addin project to support Outlook 2016

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Upgrade Outlook addin project to support Outlook 2016

tadams

Hi,

I've been trying to look at previous forum posts on this but want to double check what exactly I need to do to update my project to support Outlook 2016, whilst still maintaining support for 2007 upwards.

My original project supported Outlook 2007 up to Outlook 2013 I think, and I am on ADX version 8.01.

I've seen that I need to replace certain referenced .dlls, which ones exactly do I need to replace? Also, which folder do I take the replacements from:

a) C:\Program Files (x86)\Add-in Express\Add-in Express for .NET\Redistributables\Interop Assemblies\Office 2016

b) C:\Program Files (x86)\Add-in Express\Add-in Express for .NET\Redistributables\Interop Assemblies\VersionNeutral

Thanks a lot for your help!
Tom
Posted 04 May, 2016 02:55:28 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Tom,

I'm sorry for the delayed response; I overlooked your message somehow.

tadams writes:
I've seen that I need to replace certain referenced .dlls

Sorry? Could you please point me to the page that states this?

tadams writes:
Also, which folder do I take the replacements from:

Replacing interops might not be required for you. We recommend using interops for the minimal Office version supported by your add-in.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 05 May, 2016 11:00:28 Top
tadams

Hi Andrei,

I was searching through your forums and found this thread that looked like they were trying to do something similar:

https://www.add-in-express.com/forum/read.php?FID=5&TID=13599

Our addin currently supports Outlook 2007-2013, what steps do I need to do to extend this support to Outlook 2016? Do I need to change any of the .DLLs?

Thanks,
Tom
Posted 06 May, 2016 05:55:51 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Tom,

You need to make sure that your add-in project uses the new version of AddinExpress.* dlls. Then rebuild your project and use the add-in.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 06 May, 2016 08:46:37 Top
tadams

Hi Andrei,

I'm not sure which .dlls you mean?

In the Add-in Express\Add-in Express for .NET\Redistributables\Interop Assemblies folder it has Office 2003 to Office 2016 folders, if I want to support Outlook 2007-2016, do I have to take the .dlls from all of the folders that relate to those versions?

In my addin when I look at the Refences the only one from Add-in Express folder that is included is AddinExpress.MSO.2005.dll, I don't actually have any references to .dlls in the Office folders?

Thanks,
Tom
Posted 09 May, 2016 05:43:48 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Tom,

In the Add-in Express\Add-in Express for .NET\Redistributables\Interop Assemblies folder it has Office 2003 to Office 2016 folders, if I want to support Outlook 2007-2016, do I have to take the .dlls from all of the folders that relate to those versions?

Primary Interop Assemblies used in an Add-in Express based add-in are located in the Interops sub-folder of the Visual Studio project's folder. Please open the Interops sub-folder, what assemblies do you have there? And what are their versions?

In my addin when I look at the Refences the only one from Add-in Express folder that is included is AddinExpress.MSO.2005.dll, I don't actually have any references to .dlls in the Office folders?

You don't need to reference the Redistributables\Interop Assemblies folder. The PIAs should be in the Interops sub-folder.
Posted 11 May, 2016 05:35:31 Top