Active Inline Response

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Active Inline Response

Gregg Linnell

We have custom functionality which needs to run when the user replies or forwards an email, and the active inline response is generated.

However, we do not want the same functionality to fire if they simply select a draft item from any folder (including when searching).

I can see the new ExplorerInlineResponse events, however they fire in both circumstances. How can I tell that it has only come from the user clicking reply or forward in the reading pane?

Regards
Posted 12 Apr, 2016 09:15:54 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Gregg,

Before you get the InlineResponse event, the user clicks the Reply button. I suggest that you check if using an ADXRibbonCommand { Ribbons = Explorer, IdMso="Reply" } intercepts the Reply button shown in the Reading Pane. If not, then you can connect to the events of the selected item and wait for the Reply event; you do this by adding an Outlook Item (not Items!) Events item to your add-in project (see the Add New Item dialog of your project) and overriding the ProcessReply method - find an example in section Events Classes, see the PDF file in the folder {Add-in Express}\Docs on your development PC.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 12 Apr, 2016 10:31:04 Top