Task pane host application access for Outlook 2010+

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Task pane host application access for Outlook 2010+

Peter Anker

Hi!

As part of investigating the possibilities of implementing task panes with Add-in Express I would like to ask if and how it's possible to implement "advanced" task panes for Outlook. One of the requirements is being able to access the host application from the task pane user control, i.e. through the Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.Application interface from the user control.
Posted 14 Mar, 2016 04:23:30 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Peter,

An Add-in Express add-in provides this way: {project name e.g. MyAddin1}.AddinModule.CurrentInstance.{public property or method defined on the add-in module e.g. OutlookApp}. Alternatively, the ADXOlForm class provides the OutlookAppObj property; you cast the value it returns to Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.Application and use it. Note that these properties return the Outlook.Application is supplied at the add-in startup. Outlook regards this Outlook.Application as safe. All other Outlook.Application objects including those returned by the Application property all Outlook classes provide are unsafe. Using an Outlook object derived from an unsafe Outlook.Application object may generate a security warning.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 14 Mar, 2016 04:57:11 Top
Peter Anker

Hello Andrei,

Thanks - that worked for me!
Posted 14 Mar, 2016 10:45:31 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Welcome!

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader