That's what is more important than anything else

Warnings when bulding solution with VS Install project

Kirill Lapin

Hi,

Windows 10
Visual Studio Premium 2013
Office 2013
ADX v8.01

I migrated my Excel Add-in project from VS2010 to VS2013 successfully. Had to remove the previous ADX setup project and create a new one using VS Installer extension via ADX.

Both build no problem (after excluding Addinexpress.MSO.2015.tlb and quite a few other repeated libraries in setup project), but I still get two warnings:

Warning 1 File 'adxloader64.dll' targeting 'x64' is not compatible with the project's target platform 'x86' G:\HRG\HRGSetup\3082\3.0.0\HRGSetup(3082)(3.0.0).vdproj HRGSetup(3082)(3.0.0)

Warning 2 The target version of the .NET Framework in the project does not match the .NET Framework launch condition version '2.0.50727 '. Update the version of the .NET Framework launch condition to match the target version of the.NET Framework in the Advanced Compile Options Dialog Box (VB) or the Application Page (C#, F#). G:\HRG\HRGSetup\3082\3.0.0\HRGSetup(3082)(3.0.0).vdproj HRGSetup(3082)(3.0.0)

I am not sure if that is a problem. This didn't happen to me in VS2010 with ADX v6.05.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Kirill
Posted 28 Feb, 2016 12:33:30 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Kirill,

Kirill Lapin writes:
Warning 1 File 'adxloader64.dll' targeting 'x64' is not compatible with the project's target platform 'x86'

This is expected. To let you use a single installer, Add-in Express deploys these files (among other files):

adxloader.dll 32-bit loader; required for Office 2000-2007, and 32bit Office 2010-2016
adxloader64.dll 64-bit loader; required for 64-bit Office 2010-2016

The 64bit loader produces the warning since the setup project is 32 bit.

Kirill Lapin writes:
The target version of the .NET Framework in the project does not match the .NET Framework launch condition version '2.0.50727 '. Update the version of the .NET Framework launch condition to match the target version of the.NET Framework in the Advanced Compile Options Dialog Box (VB) or the Application Page (C#, F#).

The warning says: check the launch condition - the .NET version it specifies doesn't match the .NET version used in your project.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 29 Feb, 2016 02:48:13 Top
Kirill Lapin

Thanks Andrei.

My perfectionist part will have to live with the adxloader64.dll warning then :)

I changed the version of .NET Framework in the project properties from '.NET Framework 2.0.50727' to '.NET Framework 2.0' and the second warning disappeared.

A related question: Why am I getting so many duplicate dependencies when creating the setup project using ADX interface? Quite a few dll's that show in Detected Dependencies folder are also added under the Setup project root and there are some that don't appear in either section, e.g. Interop.Scripting.dll and extensibility.dll. Currently I need to have a checklist of default deletions and additions I need to perform in the setup project regardless of specific customization.

What am I doing wrong? Should I clean any folders or else please?

Thanks,
Kirill
Posted 29 Feb, 2016 07:27:47 Top
Frank Stecher

We have the same warning with our Outlook Addin project. It's still maintained under VS2010 and we're creating severeal setups for each release:
- classic setup for 32 and 64 bit
- web-setup for 32 and 64 bit
- 32 bit setup for use with group policies
- 64 bit setup for use with group policies

I can confirm that there are no problems with these setups although the warning is displayed every time we are creating new releases. You can ignore that.

Regards,
Frank
Posted 29 Feb, 2016 07:44:44 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Thank you, Frank!

Kirill,

You get this situation if you explicitly deploy an assembly listed in the Detected Dependencies.

Another situation: you deploy an interop for any given version of any Office application and also an iterpop for another version of another Office application. In this scenario, both interop require different versions of an interop for Office Shared components; both interops have the same assembly name and you get a message from the installation software product.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 29 Feb, 2016 08:18:35 Top
Kirill Lapin

Thanks again Andrei and Frank.

Andrei - your second situation is definitely not my case (I am using MSO11 (my minimum version) for all interops.

I am not sure I fully understand the "explicitly deploy an assembly listed in the Detected Dependencies" one. Could you please kindly elaborate? I do have the respective "Imports" statements in my code and the assemblies also appear in my main project's References list. Is that what you mean by "explicitly deploy"?

Here is what I am currently dealing with:

MISSING: Not detected by 'Detected Dependencies' nor ADX (I manually add them):
Interop.Scripting.dll
extensibility.dll

UNUSED: Added by 'Detected Dependencies' but not used in Imports nor References (I manually exclude them):
scrrun.dll
AddinExpress.MSO.2015.tlb
Microsoft.VBe.Interop.dll

DUPLICATED: Detected by both 'Detected Dependencies' and ADX, same versions (I manually exclude duplicates):
Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.dll
Microsoft.Office.Interop.PowerPoint.dll
AddinExpress.MSO.2015.dll

COMPLEMENTARY: Only detected by 'Detected Dependencies' (I keep them):
Microsoft.Net.Framework
Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.dll
office.dll
stdole.dll
MyProject.tlb

COMPLEMENTARY: Only added by ADX (I keep them):
adxloader.dll.manifest
adxloader.dll
adxloader64.dll
adxregistrator.exe

So I am clueless :)

Many thanks for your time and advice.

Regards,
Kirill
Posted 29 Feb, 2016 17:26:32 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Kirill,

We think this issue is caused by VDPROJ (it can do some weird things) and Add-in Express trying to fix the things that VDPROJ does or does no do.

Please create a new setup project and, if the issue persists, send me a screenshot showing Detected Dependencies and other files added to your setup project. Find the support email address in {Add-in Express installation folder}\readme.txt.

You can use WiX to avoid all this stuff.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 01 Mar, 2016 07:56:16 Top