Will not allow debugging in .NET 3.5 VS2015

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Will not allow debugging in .NET 3.5 VS2015

Sam Smith

Project A ?Â?Ð?ã Excel addin for Sage 200 (On VMware machine) .Net 3.5 ?Â?Ð?ã target x86
Project B ?Â?Ð?ã Excel addin for Sage 50 .Net 4 ?Â?Ð?ã target x86

I have two projects I have been developing in visual studio 2010, Widows 7 and testing with Excel 2016 (32-bit). From the Addin Express point of view these are identical, same toolbars and events, etc. Because they have to work with two different account packages, and use the same excel events, I am developing them on separate PC?Â?Ð?és, unsing VMware. All has worked fine for debugging and development using VS 2010.

I have now upgraded both projects to VS2015, and upgraded your addin on both machines. 8.0.4330.

But after the upgrade, for Project A, visual studio refuses to stop a break points. But the other project is fine. I have compared the setting twice, and restored to a backup, then upgraded the Project A again. But still does not stop at break points, even though it did in VS2010 before upgrading to code to VS 2015.

Checked: The add in location in excel is pointing to is the correct compiled file.

Tried: I have cleaned the project, unregistered, rebuilt and re-register the addin, and so but still cannot see the reason.
Tried: Compared the debug settings on the two computers. They are both the same.
Tried: Delete all built files, and rebuilt
Tried: Searching your forum for ideas
Tried: Right-click the design surface of the add-in module, choose Host Configuration, and for Outlook, choose the .NET Framework version that you use. from https://www.add-in-express.com/forum/read.php?FID=5&TID=7629&MID=38316#message38316

Lists : Defaults, V2.0.50727, v4.0.30319

Did not work. .NET 3.5 is not listed. Because the Accounts Software uses .NET 3.5 I have to use 3.5. Should it be here? How would I add it?

Tried: Switching to .net 4 framework and break points worked, but then got runtime error due to wrong .Net frame work working with Accounting Libraries (.net 3.5) used by Sage (accounts package)

Any ideas or pointers to a solution? The same project also has normal .exe projects which debug just fine. It?Â?Ð?és just the Excel Express addin part of the project which does not work.
Posted 14 Jan, 2016 10:25:46 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Sam,

Sam Smith writes:
But after the upgrade, for Project A, visual studio refuses to stop a break points.

Please check section Breakpoints are Not Hit When Debugging, see the PDF file in the folder {Add-in Express}\Docs on your development PC.

3.5 is an add-in for 2.0; so 3.5 *is* 2.0 essentially.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 14 Jan, 2016 11:13:31 Top