Cusomizing Inspector's caption

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Cusomizing Inspector's caption

Vladimir Chtchetkine

Hi everyone!

How can I customize the caption of Inspector window? Do I have any control over it at all? I know that this property is r/o but may be there are some other places where I can make adjustmens that would result in a desired caption? What I'm doing in my code is calling CreateItemFromTemplate and then creating and displaying new Inspector for that item. Any advice would be very welcome :-)

TIA,

Vladimir
Posted 27 Oct, 2004 15:24:08 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Vladimir,

The caption of Inspector window is directly connected with some fields in outlook items. For example the caption of Mail item is connected with the Subject field. After a new item is created you can try to change the subject field and then display the item.
Posted 28 Oct, 2004 05:32:33 Top
Vladimir Chtchetkine

Sergey: Thank you! What about _PosItem? It seems that no matter what I do Inspector shows the caption with which may form (that I use as a template) has been saved.
Posted 28 Oct, 2004 08:44:58 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

I called CreateItemFromTemplate for my Post item template, then changed the Subject property and displayed the item. The Caption of inspector has changed to my value. Probably we are speaking about different things because everything works fine with me.
Posted 28 Oct, 2004 09:27:49 Top
Vladimir Chtchetkine

Sergey:

May be I'm just missing something... I'll try again...
Posted 28 Oct, 2004 09:43:22 Top