After upgrade to newest Add-in Express Standard Registration fails

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

After upgrade to newest Add-in Express Standard Registration fails

Tim Kempster

Dear Support

I have recently moved to the latest version of AI Express to allow me to build our addin for Word 2016. Unfortuantely, I can no longer register the addin via right-click on the project -> Addin Express->Register. This is the error I get. I can still build my setup project into an .msi but this doesn't help with debugging too well.

Can you help please?

Detailed technical information follows:
---
Date and Time: 11/26/2015 3:12:28 PM
Machine Name: HP-PC
IP Address: fe80::f50b:4de4:54b4:912a%14
Current User: HP-PC\HP

Application Domain: DefaultDomain
Assembly Codebase: file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Add-in Express/Add-in Express for .NET/Bin/Packages/VS2005/AddinExpress.Wizard.dll
Assembly Full Name: AddinExpress.Wizard, Version=8.0.4330.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4416dd98f0861965
Assembly Version: 8.0.4330.0

Exception Source: mscorlib
Exception Type: System.IO.FileLoadException
Exception Message: The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
Exception Target Site: RegisterAssembly

---- Stack Trace ----
AddinExpress.Projects.Common.Registrator.RegisterAssembly(rtmType As Int32, bMode As Int32, projectFolder As String, configurationName As String, primaryOutput As String, projectKind As String, projectFullName As String, manifestXllClass As String, manifestPublicToken As String, manifestAssemblyName As String, manifestImageRuntimeVersion As String, registerOutputState As Boolean, prismBugMode As Boolean, expressEdition As Boolean)
AddinExpress.Wizard.dll: N 00000 (0x0) JIT
AddinExpress.Projects.Common.Registrator.dteBuildEvents_OnBuildProjConfigDone(projectUniqueName As String, ProjectConfig As String, Platform As String, SolutionConfig As String, Success As Boolean)
AddinExpress.Wizard.dll: N 0669 (0x29D) IL
Posted 26 Nov, 2015 10:35:24 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Tim,

Please make sure all Add-in Express assemblies in the References section of your project have the Copy Local property set to false. Does this help?

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 27 Nov, 2015 05:01:39 Top
Tim Kempster

Thanks that did allow me to register but when I debug an exception is thrown at start-up of the add-in. However if I then go in and set all the copy local flags to True again and re-build while keeping the add-in registered then I can debug.

So for my production builds should I have copy local set to True and only use the technique you suggest above to get the add in registered so I can debug?
Posted 29 Nov, 2015 10:54:37 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Tim,

Setting Copy Local = true makes your add-in use *this instance* of the DLL, not the instance located in the Add-in Express installation folder. This causes a problem when you install a newer Add-in Express version.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 30 Nov, 2015 04:23:49 Top
Tim Kempster

Thanks Andrei

So when debugging I should keep my Copy Local set to false to allow me to first register but then set it back to True thereafter for subsequent builds?

Tim
Posted 30 Nov, 2015 04:32:49 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

If this helps you debug, then yes, you can choose this approach.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 30 Nov, 2015 04:48:12 Top
Tim Kempster

Thanks but its not clear there is any other way? I would prefer not to have to do this but it seems after upgrading that is my only option unless I'm mistaken?

Tim
Posted 30 Nov, 2015 04:54:46 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Tim,

I've never been required to set CopyLocal=true on AddinExpress.MSO.2005.dll. Could you please provide more information about your scenario?

Andrei Smolin
Posted 30 Nov, 2015 05:19:14 Top