"Register" menu option issues

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

"Register" menu option issues

nektrasa

Hi. I just upgraded to Add-in Express 8 Professional. I'm having some trouble registering my add-in with the context menu option. It just doesn't seem to do anything besides rebuild the project. I'm having the same problem on two different computers with two different Office versions (2013 and 2016), with the same Visual Studio version (2015).
Additionally, "publish" produces a broken installer that doesn't pass the checksum verification on the test machine.

Please advice ASAP, because I can't do even basic testing like this.
Posted 18 Nov, 2015 10:49:28 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello,

This occurs because you've placed the project in a Solution folder; a workaround is to move the project to the root of the Solution Explorer. The issue will be fixed in the next Add-in Express build.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 18 Nov, 2015 10:52:43 Top
nektrasa

That did the trick, thanks.
Looking forward to that fix.
Posted 18 Nov, 2015 12:16:37 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

I'll send you a note when the new Add-in Express build is published.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 19 Nov, 2015 02:41:06 Top
nektrasa

Sorry, we're still having issues publishing our build. We always get this error:

* [11/24/2015 4:45:34 PM] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (RefDefValidation)
		- Reference in the manifest does not match the identity of the downloaded assembly ClassificationCmd.exe.
		- Source: System.Deployment
		- Stack trace:
			at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.ProcessDownloadedFile(Object sender, DownloadEventArgs e)
			at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.DownloadModifiedEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, DownloadEventArgs e)
			at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.OnModified()
			at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
			at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles()
			at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState)
			at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDependencies(SubscriptionState subState, AssemblyManifest deployManifest, AssemblyManifest appManifest, Uri sourceUriBase, String targetDirectory, String group, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
Posted 25 Nov, 2015 09:27:25 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi,

Did you replace/modify the ClassificationCmd.exe assembly after you published the project?
Posted 26 Nov, 2015 05:14:59 Top
nektrasa

Sorry, that was actually just a misplaced binary. No, I always copy the installer immediately after publishing.
Here's the error we usually get:
ERROR DETAILS
	Following errors were detected during this operation.
	* [11/26/2015 11:04:19 AM] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (RefDefValidation)
		- Reference in the manifest does not match the identity of the downloaded assembly adxlauncher.exe.
		- Source: System.Deployment
		- Stack trace:
			at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.ProcessDownloadedFile(Object sender, DownloadEventArgs e)
			at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.DownloadModifiedEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, DownloadEventArgs e)
			at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
			at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles()
			at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState)
			at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDependencies(SubscriptionState subState, AssemblyManifest deployManifest, AssemblyManifest appManifest, Uri sourceUriBase, String targetDirectory, String group, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
Posted 26 Nov, 2015 09:12:27 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi,

Can you please send the whole publish directory to the support e-mail? I will check it.
Posted 26 Nov, 2015 12:33:53 Top
nektrasa

What's the address?
Posted 26 Nov, 2015 12:44:13 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Please find the support email address in {Add-in Express installation folder}\readme.txt. And make sure your email contains a link to this topic.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 27 Nov, 2015 01:17:03 Top