ribbon buttons Glyphs gets fuzzy and has a byte[] format instead of bitmap

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

ribbon buttons Glyphs gets fuzzy and has a byte[] format instead of bitmap

Johnnyxp64

hi

yet again a very weird behavior.

there are icons that i have in my collection that are 32bit png files, used in various areas just fine, but when i try to use them in a ribbon button, there is something going totally wrong, when i import the icons to my resource collection instead of drawing.image format file, they are imported like bytes() and the application when is runnin shows those icos blurry!!!

it's driving me mad. i do not wish to use image lists, i wish to use glyphs, and sometimes they work others do not!

User added an image

User added an image
Posted 08 Oct, 2015 16:30:34 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello John,

Thank you for the screenshots. Unfortunately, they don't help us understand the problem. Could you please send us 1) the PNG file in question, 2) a screenshot showing the blurred control, 3) what DPI is used when getting the screenshot.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 09 Oct, 2015 06:54:37 Top
Johnnyxp64

hi, well th png files are fine, i am not in the pc where i build the project to share them with you at the moment, and the bluer problem is just like putting a 24x24 image or 16,16 to the ribbon button that requires 32x32 to look crystal clear. the same fuzzy problem is here. dpi is always 100%

BUT as i said with the "inconsistencies" we have with the addinexpress product, if you restart visual studio clean everything and rebuild, then the exact same images are working just fine. 8-0

another annoying bug, that can't be reproduced, BUT it will happen to a project that is been updated from 6 to 7 and now to 8.

lots of those issues here and there all the time! honestly if i was posting every little problem i am seeing i will have at least 3 posts per week! most of the time, a restart, a rebuild a clean, or just by it self, the problem is gone.... so i do not have to post, when the problem insists for hours or day-days then i post the questions.

i am sorry but you need a much better QA test team and time for every build and among many projects, specially projects that were working with older versions, because from scratch a brand new project and solution, almost never has any kind of those weird behaviors, the existing ones are suffering thought!

thanks for your time.
Posted 09 Oct, 2015 13:43:48 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Johnnyxp64 writes:
BUT as i said with the "inconsistencies" we have with the addinexpress product, if you restart visual studio clean everything and rebuild, then the exact same images are working just fine. 8-0

There should be details that you regard as minor. Say, to let Add-in Express use the multiple-page ICO logic, we recommend storing the ICO in a project-level resource. On the contrary, to prevent Add-in Express from using this logic, you can store the image in a local resource.

I believe everyone understands that Add-in Express contains bugs. But in reality this doesn't matter. What matters is the speed of bug fixing, etc. We are ready to fix bugs and we do our best to fix bugs really fast. But we need a reproducible pattern to locate the bug. Without such a pattern, the bug just doesn't exist for us; we cannot do anything about this.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 13 Oct, 2015 07:37:58 Top