Proper way to register add-in for all users on a Terminal Server

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Proper way to register add-in for all users on a Terminal Server

Jonathan Gilpin

Hi Andrei,

I need to install my add-in to ProgramFiles folder for all users on a terminal server. The customer wants to only install to 1 location to make upgrades easily managed.

That being said, what combination of RegisterAllUsers = true/false and adxregistrator /privileges=user/admin is needed? I will call adxregistrator from a deferred CustomAction not using impersonation.

Then when each user logs in and starts Outlook, I would want my add-in to load for them.

I feel like I have tried every permutation of RegisterAllUsers and privileges=user/admin and impersonation=yes/no..and still no success.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jon
Posted 05 Oct, 2015 18:50:28 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Jon,

Please check section Registration-time privileges at https://www.add-in-express.com/docs/net-deploying-addins.php. The installer must be run elevated for a per-machine add-in.

Also note that you won't be able to update your add-in while the host application is started for any user. In addition, you'll have to switch to a per-user add-in if the customer decides to have the add-in installed for some users, not for all users.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 06 Oct, 2015 01:23:46 Top