AdxRibbonContextMenu again not visible

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

AdxRibbonContextMenu again not visible

Johnnyxp64

hi,
in continuation to this topic
https://www.add-in-express.com/forum/read.php?FID=5&TID=12953

i know have the same issues with "AdxRibbonContextMenu1" in office 2010 or later. it doesn't appear.

i am using you latest v8 beta build.

because this is critical please reply asap.

thanks

John
Posted 05 Oct, 2015 08:01:00 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello John,

Could you please show the settings of the component? In what context of what Office application do you need that context menu to show?

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 05 Oct, 2015 08:10:17 Top
Johnnyxp64

i need this visible in Outlook explorer window, when i right click an email in the inbox folder for example
it was working just fine, after i upgrade to 8 stop working. i deleted the object and recreated it. nothing :(

User added an image
Posted 05 Oct, 2015 08:21:59 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Below are the settings of the ADXRibbonContextMenu component that shows the specified control when you right click a mail item in an Explorer window.

#region Component Designer generated code
        /// <summary>
        /// Required by designer support - do not modify
        /// the following method
        /// </summary>
        private void InitializeComponent()
        {
            this.components = new System.ComponentModel.Container();
            this.adxRibbonContextMenu1 = new AddinExpress.MSO.ADXRibbonContextMenu(this.components);
            this.adxRibbonButton1 = new AddinExpress.MSO.ADXRibbonButton(this.components);
            // 
            // adxRibbonContextMenu1
            // 
            this.adxRibbonContextMenu1.ContextMenuNames.AddRange(new string[] {
            "Outlook.Explorer.ContextMenuMailItem"});
            this.adxRibbonContextMenu1.Controls.Add(this.adxRibbonButton1);
            this.adxRibbonContextMenu1.Ribbons = AddinExpress.MSO.ADXRibbons.msrOutlookExplorer;
            // 
            // adxRibbonButton1
            // 
            this.adxRibbonButton1.Caption = "adxRibbonButton1";
            this.adxRibbonButton1.Id = "adxRibbonButton_025e0dd31cdb43a7a77fd66cc324cc1a";
            this.adxRibbonButton1.ImageTransparentColor = System.Drawing.Color.Transparent;
            this.adxRibbonButton1.Ribbons = AddinExpress.MSO.ADXRibbons.msrOutlookExplorer;
            // 
            // AddinModule
            // 
            this.AddinName = "MyAddin128";
            this.SupportedApps = AddinExpress.MSO.ADXOfficeHostApp.ohaOutlook;

}
        #endregion

private AddinExpress.MSO.ADXRibbonContextMenu adxRibbonContextMenu1;
        private AddinExpress.MSO.ADXRibbonButton adxRibbonButton1;

Andrei Smolin
Posted 05 Oct, 2015 09:03:43 Top
Johnnyxp64

this part was missing from my initialize

Me.AdxRibbonContextMenu1.ContextMenuNames.AddRange(New String() {"Outlook.Explorer.ContextMenuMailItem"})

but now the addin-express Register doesnt even register the addin to my outlook to test it.......
very weird and unstable stuff is going on here :(

if i publish it and install it the addin registers and indeed the context now is visible again, but from within the vs2013 doesnt "register" in order to debug
Posted 05 Oct, 2015 11:12:03 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Johnnyxp64 writes:
but from within the vs2013 doesnt "register"

Are there other details? Exception? Stack trace? Anything else? How does "doesn't register" look like? Did you try to comment out your code? Does the same occur for a newly created add-in project?

Andrei Smolin
Posted 06 Oct, 2015 01:19:25 Top
Johnnyxp64

hi again
if there was any kind of error i would post it.
doesn't register looks like that

right click addinexpress->register
the solution builds
(after version 8 i think you have removed the msgbox dialog saying its registered so there is no message)
trying to run outlook 2016 the addin is not showing up!

if i build a setup file, the addin registers inside outlook.

during debug there is no addin, i also checked the outlook options if there is at least there but disabled, nope, it simple doesn't register to the office.

a new project into the same solution had the same results.
on a brand new solution and project it registers and i even get the normal "registration successful" message when doing so.

regards
john
Posted 06 Oct, 2015 01:55:49 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Johnnyxp64 writes:
after version 8 i think you have removed the msgbox dialog saying its registered so there is no message

We haven't removed that message box. Will the same occur if you open the Configuration Manager dialog and clear all check boxes? Supposedly, the issue is caused by the order in which the projects build in this solution.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 06 Oct, 2015 02:03:14 Top
Johnnyxp64

hi again,

the msgbox is indeed there if i make a brand new project and solution, but in the current one, i have a solution with 5 project the default in the addin i want in my outlook, the rest are building with the same order as before.
only this time there is this big problem for us. i doesnt register from within Visual studio 2013.

thats a huge problem i need to solve. please give me some more ideas/solutions to try.
Configuration Manager build checkboxes does not change things.

thanks
Posted 08 Oct, 2015 07:34:00 Top
Johnnyxp64

update:

playing around with the configuration manager, i have the following results:

if i only leave in debug mode, checked the "addin project" then for the 1st time the project gave me the message that "the loader needs update", since i have upgraded to v8.! and after that the project registered it self and the msgbox popup did show up.

but! we need to build all the other projects when "registering the addin", so 2 things need to be "fixed".

1)you have to provide a manual way to update the project loader because it doesn't automatically prompts that as you can see.

2)i wish to have again as before all my project "checked" in the conf manager for build, and the addin register it self....

so now that you have a bit more details on that, what do you recommend to do, to work as before?

thanks
John
Posted 08 Oct, 2015 07:52:41 Top