Outlook - Old add seems to interfere with debugging of new add in

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Outlook - Old add seems to interfere with debugging of new add in

Weston Eighmy

Hello

I am in the process of creating a new add-in for Outlook, but when attempting to debug the AddInModule.cs file, I notice that the breakpoints I have set are hollow, and when I hover over them I get the message:

The breakpoint will not currently be hit. No executable code of the debugger's target code type is associated with this line. Possible causes include: conditional compilation, compiler optimizations, or the target architecture of this line is not supported by the current debugger code type.

When I double click the the grey bar that is home for breakpoints, Visual Studio immediately opens up another AddInModule.cs file from a completely different solution. I do have the older project installed/registered on my machine so I figured unregistering it would fix the issue.

Unfortunately it does not. The breakpoints are still unavailable but the error message changes to:
The breakpoint will not currently be hit. No symbols have been loaded for this document.

Strange thing is, I can debug the older add in with no issues whatsoever.

I have spent a lot of time searching the internet for general help on these errors, but none of the solutions work for me yet. Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong and how to fix?

Thanks
Posted 10 Jun, 2015 14:10:00 Top
Carson

In case this is your issue check this:
Open AddinModile.cs in the designer
Right click in the upper half of the designer
Select Host Configuration
Make sure that the Office app you are trying to debug has the right .NET version selected
Posted 10 Jun, 2015 14:25:53 Top
Weston Eighmy

I just realized that I did not register my new add-in prior to debugging!

Now that I have registered the add in, debugging works as expected.

Thanks
Posted 10 Jun, 2015 14:54:59 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Great!

Thank you Carson for your help!

Thank you Weston for letting us know!

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 11 Jun, 2015 04:06:46 Top