Publishing app issues

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Publishing app issues
adx addin 
Dan Hetherington

Hi,

Im running VS 2010 express, just been playing around with forming an adx addin, following the blog post on publishing I run into an issue of the project menu not offering me any method to publish the program....

where am I going wrong?
Posted 24 Apr, 2015 06:24:45 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Dan,

That's a restriction of Visual Studio Express. You need to right-click the add-in module and choose Publish ADX Project on the context menu.

I would recommend that you install VS 2013 Community Edition; it is a free "full" Visual Studio.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 24 Apr, 2015 06:37:51 Top
Dan Hetherington

Hi Andrei,

thanks I'll look into that now re 2013 version.
for info, seems on system in vs2010 right clicking on the add-in module doesn't give the option to publish either.

Cheers

Dan
Posted 24 Apr, 2015 06:46:38 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Please check section If you use an Express edition of Visual Studio in the PDF file in the folder {Add-in Express}\Docs on your development PC.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 24 Apr, 2015 06:55:09 Top
Dan Hetherington

Hi Andrei,

Many thanks for the information and your time on the matter - I've moved over to using VS 2013 Community Edition- I can now see the 'publish adx' option in the project menu.

I note that click twice install will only work with Install Shield and Wix and not the VS installer is that correct?

I've struggled with both methods regardless-
one click method, the stages I have been through are as follows;
- form a build of the project
- populated the files into the one click installer table.

However at this stage the 'publish' button on the form remains unavailable, there is no information as to why I can't publish and as fair as I can tell I have followed all instructions to this point.

Regarding the twice click installer, I have tried WiX, but seem to run in to other issues with it namely missing some 'prereqinfomation' table.

Any help would be gratefully received!

Dan
Posted 29 Apr, 2015 07:16:04 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Dan,

Dan Hetherington writes:
I note that click twice install will only work with Install Shield and Wix and not the VS installer is that correct?

You can install this Visual Studio extension: https://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/9abe329c-9bba-44a1-be59-0fbf6151054d.

Dan Hetherington writes:
However at this stage the 'publish' button on the form remains unavailable, there is no information as to why I can't publish and as fair as I can tell I have followed all instructions to this point.

Please have a look at https://www.add-in-express.com/docs/net-clickonce-solution.php.

Dan Hetherington writes:
Regarding the twice click installer, I have tried WiX, but seem to run in to other issues with it namely missing some 'prereqinfomation' table.

Could you please send me the project reproducing this issue to the support email address? You can find it in {Add-in Express installation folder}\readme.txt. Please make sure your email contains a link to this topic.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 29 Apr, 2015 08:03:44 Top
Dan Hetherington

Hi Andrei,

Thanks for your quick reply (a great service I must add!!), and for the relevant links to information on the site.

I'll should be able to send you a copy of the test project on via email on Friday (I'm away from my development machine until then).

Regards

Dan
Posted 29 Apr, 2015 09:06:17 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

On Friday there will be a holiday here. I'll be able to look into the project after the weekend.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 29 Apr, 2015 09:35:01 Top