VB# - "Not Implemented" - Outlook Event-Classes

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

VB# - "Not Implemented" - Outlook Event-Classes
I get "not implemented" error if I try to create outlook event classes 
Andrew Smart

My Environment:
- Visual Studio 2013
- Add-in-Express (AddinExpress.MSO.2005, AddinExpress.OL.2005)
- Windows 8.1 64bit
- Office 2013 64bit

What I did:
- created a new Addin project for Visual Basic
- Target Environment: Outlook, supported versions should be Office 2007-2013

When I do:
- "add" - "add new element" - choose "Addin Express" and any of "Outlook Event Class" for Items and Folders

I get:
"Not Implemented"

I googled and searched "add-in-express" and found one message with someone having the same problem:
https://www.add-in-express.com/forum/read.php?PAGEN_1=1&a=&FID=5&TID=12550#nav_start

But since he wanted C# anyway nobody cared.

Need help.
Posted 24 Feb, 2015 09:14:56 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Andrew,

Could you please send me the project producing the issue to the support email address? You can find it in {Add-in Express installation folder}\readme.txt. Please make sure your email contains a link to this topic.

also please capture a video showing how you get the issue. You can use Jing; it's free.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 24 Feb, 2015 09:27:42 Top
Andrew Smart

I send you the e-mail. Update: I downloaded one oft he VB.NET examples with a ?Â?Ð?îItemEvent?Â?Ð?ì class and it works. I guess the other VB examples are also working, so at least I?Â?Ð?ém able go forward.
Posted 24 Feb, 2015 09:41:32 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for sending me the project and video. I believe something is wrong with the project itself. Compiling it produces this error (in german):

Error 1 Dieses Projekt verweist auf mindestens ein NuGet-Paket, das auf diesem Computer fehlt. Aktivieren Sie die Wiederherstellung von NuGet-Paketen, um die fehlende Datei herunterzuladen. Weitere Informationen finden Sie unter "http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=322105". Die fehlende Datei ist "..\..\codegen.proj\packages\System.Data.SQLite.Core.1.0.94.0\build\net45\System.Data.SQLite.Core.targets". D:\_Projects\_tests\Andrew Smart\2015_02_24 17_40\PluginVersion1.vbproj 125 5 PluginVersion1

Also, there are several warnings:
Warning 2 The referenced component 'AddinExpress.OL.2005' could not be found. PluginVersion1
Warning 3 The referenced component 'System' could not be found. PluginVersion1
Warning 4 The referenced component 'System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations' could not be found. PluginVersion1
etc.

I think you need to re-add the references. Also, you can try to create a new project.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 24 Feb, 2015 10:08:32 Top
Andrew Smart

Hello Andrei,

don't care about the project building process. I've been in the middle of work and I kicked out some files which have been "tryouts".
Since I don't have a problem with a but, a crash or compiling the project but with adding a addin-express template based file in Visual Studio I just send you the current state.

I now just created a empty simple addin project with which I can reproduce the error which I'll send you via e-mail.

Andrew
Posted 24 Feb, 2015 10:16:08 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Andrew

I cannot reproduce the issue with the new project that you sent. You don't send a .SLN file: can it be that the issue only occurs on a project added to the specific solution that you have?

Andrei Smolin
Posted 25 Feb, 2015 06:10:24 Top